• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP Lynx Boondocker 2019

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
It’s the head slightly more removed from their azz division lol

Only for sale in Europe

Nice!

It looks like they might actually have a grip on the kinds of things we like to see changed. Don’t know if the changes are for the better though. Would like to ride one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X
Nov 11, 2015
Lynx R&D is different to the skidoo's. they are able to use the ressources of BRP, but they are also able to design things on their own.
for me it's the improved version of the Skidoo brand. Their plastics and covers look more refinded, like a european car. Their supension works way better than the skidoo ones and they don't need the **** torsion springs that the skidoo is using in their rear skids......

they are developed from racers, for racers......:face-icon-small-coo

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Interesting looking rear suspension. Curious to know how works compared to their torsion spring suspension.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Everything about these sleds is smarter. How/why they do this is beyond me. Shorter tunnels, no snowflap, better suspension design, better aesthetics. So strange this relationship persists.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I am not a Lynx expert, but i have owned a few in my youth.
Lynx is developed and manufactured in my neighbour country Finland, first Lynx i ever owned was an model 20 with an 9 hp Ilo engine, drove that from age 4 to 8, manufactured 1967.
The more modern versions, maybe during the 80's they started to use Rotax engines, the only common part with Ski-Doo, Lynx had no affeliate with BRP, yet.
Lynx made awsome work horses with wide track used for hauling timber from the woods, and Snowcross race machines, many european and world championships has been won on Lynx, Pauli Piipola was one of the first and is behind the style of the skid used, that's why it's called Piipola skid.
Janne Tapio another snowcross world champion is still working on Lynx and is head of development (or was a couple of years ago anyways).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIM_Snowcross_World_Championship

The years before BRP bought Lynx BRP put pressure on Rotax and always a new engine model was released Ski-Doo got it first and Lynx had to wait a year or two.
That and financial difficulty finally forced Lynx to join BRP.
I believe all Lynx models is manufactured in Finland still, but most parts are BRP now, except Skid and some styling.
The only model shipped from Finland to US is called Ski-Doo Alpine 3, here it's called Lynx 6900.

Sent from my Sanwa M12

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
The Lynx PPS rear skid har been around for at least 10 years. It has gone through some development during this period so it is not identical to the origin but still. (actually, a skid very similar to the PPS was used for some years on the Lynx G-type chasssis in the late 90's and early 2000´s)

The DS, Deep Snow, version that came out last year is the most visible development step taken. There are now 3 different PPS skids made depending on application.

Comparing lets say a Lynx Boondocker to a Summit the differences are tunnel, seat, tank, rear suspension, skis and almost all the plastic parts in the front, (nose cone, hood, sidepanels etc). There are some other minor differences too but those are the main ones.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
interesting sled ,

I wonder if someone might make a snow flap like that on this side of the pond ? or if that Lynx one is retrofitable ?

I could not find the weight , did I miss it ,or is it listed ?

M
Dec 16, 2013
I have owned Several Summits, latest a 850, now I ride a 2018 Lynx 850 Boondocker RE, the rear suspension is way better on the Lynx, Lynx uses also their own skies which are better than Ski-doos. The rest is more or less the same.
One more thing, the handlebar grips are also better on Lynx.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Rear Suspension - "better" at what?

Gobbling up moguls?
Climbing Snow King Mtn?
Something in between?

That track shield thingy looks like it would help not toss boulders at that putz behind you, but not having a snowflap will make it overheat on non-powder days.

Premium Features