• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No Brakes...yikes

24drnkz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR
2016 Axys. Loading back onto the deck over the weekend, I went to set the brake and it depressed all the way to the bars. I have bled the line twice and it still won't work as it's supposed to? I did bounce off of a tree earlier in the day but didn't notice a thing while riding the rest of the day? No leaks or dents on the cylinder or line. Thoughts? Any all welcome before I have to ask my dealer who likes to charge $120 for walking through his door.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
If it wont build any pressure, and you dont have any leaks and have bleed the system, then the master cylinder is leaking internally.

They are simple to take apart, and not much to them, just a plunger and seals/cups.

24drnkz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR
Thanks guys, I figured it had to be something internal. Any idea on where to find just the plunger or the parts needed to replace? All I've been able to find is the full assembly. I'll pull the thing off tonight to take a closer look as well.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I have a few Arctic cat Master cylinder take offs I can send you either the internals or the whole thing. While Polaris only sells the complete assembly. Arctic Cat breaks it down further (IIRC) and the internals are the same. The body / mounting location and the actual lever are the only differences.

PM me if you want some parts sent.

Premium Features