• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is this?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Could be the E-VES Signal Converter.

To verify, check the wire colors on the harness side of that connector, there should be the following wire colors if I'm correct:

1: brown/white
2: red/black
3: dark blue/yellow
4: dark green/yellow
5: pink/black

The sled started acting like the TPS was messed up, wouldn't go into reverse, didn't like running unless it was warm, things like that. I also noticed it wouldn't rev passed like 8000 rpm. It would maybe spike to like 8150 then fade down to 7800ish. Then my gauge started doing weird things. no lights would work (engine, brake, hi-beam, etc) and there was a weird code displayed. The gauge thing has been intermittent so I haven't had the chance to snap a pic. I found this, must have broke off somehow and gotten a good beating by the primary. I'm wondering what this is to see if I can relate it to the symptoms I was experiencing.

Could be the E-VES Signal Converter./QUOTE]

If it is the E-VES Signal Converter, would a bad one cause the symptoms I experienced? The sled is sitting at the dealer right now hopefully to get fixed under warranty, so I cant verify the wire colors at the moment. I'm just hoping it fixes the problem

Premium Features