• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Roll-Over Valve kits for Proclimb M1100 from Four Stroke Solutions LLC

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Hi Guys

Some of you may know me from over on the Yamaha side. I'm the inventor of the tether controlled roll-over valve for 4 stroke engines and have been making roll-over valve kits for Yamahas for the past few years.
After receiving several inquiries about a ROV kit for the M1100, I decided to start building roll-over valve kits for the M1100 as well!

The Proclimb M1100 ROV kits have all the same features as the Yamaha kits including,

Tether switch shuts the engine down and closes the shut-off valve, which is attached to the breather hose at the air filter. This helps prevent engine oil from leaking out into the air filter during a roll-over. Oil loss on four strokes makes a mess and in some cases can cause the oil to leak on to clutches/belt.

Plug and play to the sled's wiring harness. No cutting/splicing into the factory wiring harness.

Shut-off valve is a normally open valve. Defaults to open if the system looses power for added safety.

Red LED indicator light flashes anytime the valve is closed/powered on.

Gen 3 kit, can be used with or without our electronic roll-over valve control module.

Electronic roll-over valve control module or ROVCM features pulse width modulation output and offers the fastest possible valve closing speed, reduced current draw and battery voltage monitoring/auto shut-down!

US Patent number 8,225,766

Links
http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/kitforarcticcatm1100.htm
http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/rollovervalvefeatures.htm
http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=12901088
http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/highperformancerovcm.htm

Bill

Arctic Cat M1100 Roll-Over Valve kit small file size.jpg Arctic Cat M1100 Roll-Over Valve kit with ROVCM small file size.jpg

Last edited:

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
how does this work if you have an existing teather? do you remove the original tether and replace with the ROVteather?

It works with the ROV tether thats included with the kit only.
The ROV tether has both a normally open and normally closed circuits. I use one circuit to shut down the engine like a standard tether. The second circuit is used to close the valve, or when a ROVCM is used comands the ROVCM to close the valve.
The ROV harness comes with OEM connectors attached and plugs directly in to the ignition switch and ignition switch wiring harness.:thumb:

Bill

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
We adapted some of the yami versions but we now have the Cat one in stock at WKM in Lloyd. A must IMO.

Yeah, I actually looked in to adapting one of my Yamaha kits for use on the Cat. Once I got my hands on a M1100T it became very apparent that it would be much better to just start from square one and design seperate ROV kit for the Cat. Mainly because of the componets are in different locations and it requires a valve with different fittings.
The M1100T kit has it's own specific ROV wiring harness and valve. With primary goals of providing an easy installation, factory fit/finish and performance!

Bill

Last edited:

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
I finished my install of my kit today.
Everything connected up nicely and worked properly when powered up.

Just had to move one main connector to get the hood back on.
001-15.jpg

But there is two things that I would like to see changed.

First, the wire harness's seem to be on the long side, which is a lot better than to short, but there is just to much stuff in the same area.

Second, with this hood design, it would be nice to have a one main harness connect instead of three connectors to disconnect to get the hood off.

Do not take any of this as a complaint, just a suggestion for improvements.
Even with out any changes, I would gladly buy this kit again.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
different wiring

I had the factory Cat tether on mine already and had made the connection outside the plug instead of in it as the pin removal can make you want to hang yourself.

For the reason above I wired mine into the main harness so the hood could come off with out dealing with another connection. If you are somewhat handy it's pretty straight forward.:face-icon-small-hap

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
I finished my install of my kit today.
Everything connected up nicely and worked properly when powered up.

Just had to move one main connector to get the hood back on.
001-15.jpg

But there is two things that I would like to see changed.

First, the wire harness's seem to be on the long side, which is a lot better than to short, but there is just to much stuff in the same area.

Second, with this hood design, it would be nice to have a one main harness connect instead of three connectors to disconnect to get the hood off.

Do not take any of this as a complaint, just a suggestion for improvements.
Even with out any changes, I would gladly buy this kit again.

Thanks KSH, I'm glad that you like it!
I've been thinking about adding an inline connector probably between the LED and valve break-out harnesses. In it's present form you dis-connect the connectors at the LED and ignition switch to pull the hood, which isn't to bad to do. I could see how adding the additional connector would make it quicker to pull the hood though.
I'll have to get ahold of my buddy's sled, to see if what I have in mind is a good location for it.

Bill

Last edited:

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
New for the up coming 2012-13 sledding season, all Four Stroke Solutions LLC Roll-Over Valve kits will feature genuine OEM Arctic Cat tether swithes!
The Cat tether has a much lower profile underneeth the cowling and allows greater flexability for tether switch mounting locations.:thumb:
ROV kits are aviliable with or without the high performance ROVCM and are operated in the same maner as before.
A couple of pics of the new wiring harness with the Cat tether.

Bill

IMG_1730.jpg IMG_1731.jpg

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Price? If a guy had one of the earlier styles could you modify it to the new and improved style?

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
Price? If a guy had one of the earlier styles could you modify it to the new and improved style?

Price for the complete roll-over valve kits.

M1100T ROV kit without ROVCM $199
M1100T ROV kit With ROVCM $324

These would be for the new OEM Cat tether equipped ROV kits
I also added a Q/A page to the web site that helps answer some questions about the Electronic Roll-Over Valve Control Module (ROVCM)
link http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/highperformancerovcm.htm

Shipping is $6 in the US and $24 to Canada. I can ship overseas as well.

I have received a few requests from the Yammie guys about converting the earlier ROV kits to OEM Cat tether switch usage also.
I have been working on a Cat tether conversion kit that uses a sealed 5 terminal switching relay and will plug directly into the earlier ROV kits that use the clip style tether switch.
The conversion kit will include a OEM Cat tether switch and lanyard, switching relay and very short pigtail harness.
Price for the conversion kit is $57 +shipping and comes fully assembled ready to plug in.:thumb:
Below are some pics of the Yamaha conversion kit. The M1100T will be similar with a slightly longer harness between the switch itself and relay, to allow for proper clearance in the M1100T.

Bill

IMG_1786.jpg IMG_1788.jpg IMG_1789.jpg

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Thank you, looks like a great set up. I will be getting one for my 1100T. One thing that would be a huge upgrade would be to get rid of the steel clip for attaching to your gear. They are not user friendly to put it nicely. A larger plastic or aluminum carabiner works so much better. I like the big plastic carabiners(don't freeze up as easy as metal) in a bright color like day glow orange or red. I hang another large carabiner off my clothes to attach to. Much better system and was recommended to me by a fellow snowester.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
Matte Murder,

A plastic carabiner, thats a good idea! Over the years I've found that my hands do not work as well when they are cold. To many years of using impact tools I suppose.
I'll have to do some searching to see if I can find a plastic carabiner that has a quick release and will clip to my gear.

Bill

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I will see if I can locate a name on the ones I use. Really durable for something made of plastic. I wouldn't use it to clip into a bird or hang over a ledge but for this purpose they are slick.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
Oddly enough July is when the sledding biz starts to pick up, with the summer time mods kicking in.
I've been busy building ROV kits for the up coming season and do have some in stock ready to ship:thumb:

Bill

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Oddly enough- I can se where your coming from.
there was not a price submitted
So July is the same as December???
what might that be. and what does your kit have over the competition offered...
Just wanting to buy what I feel is the best return on my investment:heart:

S/C

Premium Features