• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys SLP Stage 4

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Swapped sleds with a guy for an hour and he rode my sled on 3# of boost and I rode his Stage 4. We have the same tracks but different shocks. Both belt driven.

Stage 4 definitely pulls harder than just a stocker with a clutch kit. Big difference but he came to the same conclusion, the Stage 4 doesn't pull anywhere close to as hard as boost does and I normally run 5#.
Bumped it down to 3# so it would be close to the same hp gains.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I ride with a couple guys running Carls Cycle Stage 4. the gains are really impressive over a stocker. Not quite low boost turbo pull, but not far behind. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I didn't use my warranty as often as I do.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Stage 4 will run with a stock ski doo 850. I think it’s a little snappier then the 850. Power is very linear no lag like a turbo but definitely not as much top end power as a low boost turbo.

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
Stage 4 will run with a stock ski doo 850. I think it’s a little snappier then the 850. Power is very linear no lag like a turbo but definitely not as much top end power as a low boost turbo.

A stage 3 axys or a piped axys that is clutched properly will out run a 850 ski doo, but that being said I wonder what a well set up 850 would do?

motodad383

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
We have multiple SLP Stage sleds and IMO you can't go wrong.
2016 Stage 2 Assault - 4000+ miles. Big improvement over stock.
2016 Stage 3 Assault- 2600 miles. Never stops pulling.
2018 Stage 4 Pro - Hillclimb racer
2014 Stage 5 Assault - You better hang on.

I am really impressed with these kits and the reliability of them.
Give SLP a call, you won't be disappointed.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
.....Power is very linear no lag like a turbo but definitely not as much top end power as a low boost turbo.

Do you have a turboed axys?
I've tried finding lag in my BD axys, but it doesn't seem to have any.

The silber guys say the same thing but maybe we don't know what to look for lol....

S
Sep 30, 2008
Alpine, WY
Thanks for all the comments. I have ridden both BD and Silber in the conditions and terrain I ride in. The boost definitely pulls harder once the turbo is spooled up. But for me and my style I like the bottom end of the SLP set up. Thanks again.

Premium Features