• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tubro tuning

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
So I live in Northern California and am looking for someone or recommendations on someone who can help me get a major bug out of my turbo. 2010 M8 153 with a Boondocker RG turbo. Sled keeps stalling/stuttering between 3500-4800 rpms to the point that it will almost put me over the handlebars. I have changed reeds, numbers, throttle block etc. and am unable to find the culprit. I do realize that I may need to drive out of state to accomplish this so Idaho or nearby would be my first choice. Again looking for experienced tuner that can help me out. Any advise would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I have an 09 M8 PG set-up. I would have this problem from time to time...and nothing I did cleared it up. I finally realized that my sled was only doing this after periods of longer idle time (5 seconds plus) and my motor was loading up a bit...getting rich and would stutter and not get on the pipe...just bog down once is started. I figured out that my sled was inhaling a bunch of hot air under the hood from an under-hood intake and this would put it past rich and it wouldn't recover. I put a snorkel on my intake and have a cold air intake. Never had the problem again after I did that. And I know for a fact that the race gas set-ups are worse-off for doing that. Something to think of. For some reason, with the boondocker set-ups, once they get rich in this range from hot air, they don't recover. Also, I fought a bad EBC unit for a bit that would do weird things. You might send that in to Boondocker and get it double checked. My sled runs great all day now.

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
Turbo

Thanks for the info. I have run a cold air intake since I bought the turbo. I'll check on the EBC not aware of any issues with it. What should I look for?

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
My EBC was acting a bit erratic...Wouldn't keep the same screen mode up for long, the PSI couldn't be adjusted with anything but the elevation setting and when it really started to go out, my sled would completely fall on its face during boost up because the EBC wasn't sending the boost signal to the controller...would get a huge lean bog. It was also hard to tune...just seemed to vary all the time and required constant tuning. Now, it's pull and go. I can ride all day with minimal tuning...if any at all.

Premium Features