• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Koso Dual EGT/TEMP/RPM Issue's *HELP*

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Hope this is ok I put this in electronics, I know its a bit off the usual subject, but figured still electronics and I am definitely having electrical trouble.

First off, sled is a Polaris IQR, sled is completely powdercoated (mention this possible grounding issues). I have the KOSO's hooked up, got the pulse everything working great, that is until you start riding the sled. The lighting will fade out and then the numbers. It must still be working because when I stop and let it idle for a bit they will come on and my highest temps are reset with reasonable temps for my jetting at the moment. This sled only has AC running through it with a functioning regulator. I did just hook up a AC/DC regulator rectifier to the DC and it appears to be doing the same thing. I have also ran a wire from the engine grounding point to my steering hoop to have that better grounded as its where the regulator grounds to.

Just struggling with this, I have installed these on buddies sleds and not a issue with AC or DC. I have also went so far as to purchase a couple 7812 regulators from Radio Shack, and all they seem to do is get really f'n hot real quick and not power up the unit.

I have also had other EGT's mounted on this sled that seemed to work fine. Those where mounted off the headlight wires. Headlights work, one grip heater is not working at the moment, stock tach works, etc.

Stock 600r engine with 800 mono conversion.

Premium Features