• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drilling out upper hole in rmk assault to match pro rmk

N
Aug 21, 2016
Just looking for feedback if anyone has drilled the upper front swing arm mounts in their tunnel to match the pro rmk mounting location.. is there enough material? Looks like there's a black bracket on the inside of the tunnel and a pre punched hole as well..

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Yes, all the supports exist on both, just only one comes punched in the outer layer depending on model.

Drill it out and remount the skid. This will help with deep snow performance. Switch to RMK rails for the full swap/performance gains

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
I drilled mine out exactly like you described through the bracket inside the tunnel. Definitely helps with the approach angle and pops the sled out of the snow better.

I didn't realize the rails were different between the ASSAULT and PRO. Anyone know what's different between the two? Thanks

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I drilled mine out exactly like you described through the bracket inside the tunnel. Definitely helps with the approach angle and pops the sled out of the snow better.

I didn't realize the rails were different between the ASSAULT and PRO. Anyone know what's different between the two? Thanks
front angle mostly

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
Why do this? I have an Assault and haven't had any troubles with trenching climbing anything? It jumps awesome. I have ridden tight trees steep, deep the only time I get into trouble is when I lazy it or make mistakes on a line. I think it is to much trouble for little gain. I really like my Assault.

T
Feb 1, 2010
Entiat, WA
I did the same on my ProRide Assault. It was a small, but certainly noticeable difference. Made it pop up onto the snow better at low speeds. Situations where I expected it to just dig in (from my experience with it in the original spot) the sled moved and got going. Saved a few stucks per ride on the soft days for sure.

Premium Features