• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Center port Power Claw

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I carry mine all the time. Seen too many sleds get wrecked getting out of control coming down.

picture.php

For those that use the belt trick around the ski. Are you only using it on one ski or both?

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Depends on how aggressive your ski brake is. I cut an old belt in two equal pieces, then rip them in half lengthwise, then attach the ends. If you use a full width belt it makes it hard to use. I now use a section of twist chain since they aren't as aggressive. Another guy uses a piece of lead rope for a horse.

I like to use just one if the brake is going to bite in too hard you can bias weight to the other ski to keep you going. Also, I prefer to put the brake on the uphill side if you have any amount of side hill to dig it in to. Straight down a hill it shouldn't matter.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Reverse is great when you can use it, but it takes the right situation where you can be off the brake, apply reverse, and then still be able to turn and get the sled rolling down hill. The axys will not allow reverse to engage if your holding the brake on.

yep, its not for every situation. sounds like on the axys its not for any situation:face-icon-small-con thats wierd, i cant think of another vehicle where that would be allowed.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
For those that use the belt trick around the ski. Are you only using it on one ski or both?

One. if you use it on both it becomes very hard to steer because you no longer have the keel of the ski in the snow.

I like the belt set-up, its handy to use and store, its slides over rocks easy and just about everyone has a used or worn out belt in the shop to make one with.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Trs this power claw is it a new one or older have heard new ones seems to flex more only 19s. I'm still running 3 pol track would have switched but can't ride this month but look out on March it's game on.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Trs this power claw is it a new one or older have heard new ones seems to flex more only 19s. I'm still running 3 pol track would have switched but can't ride this month but look out on March it's game on.

It’s an ‘18 track. I believe the ‘18 also had a smaller dia. rod than the earlier production.

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
I don’t like to trim rails.
Glad you like the track.
Edit:
If I keep this sled I’ll get a set of center port drivers from Robbie.

Do you run anti stabs? I have not had the best of luck with them in the past
But id like to have some 3 inch pitch track options for my axys. I have a spare driveshaft laying around.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Over 5' of the Head light deep today- with the 2nd run on the 3" P/C
Shined better than the doo 3" x 3.5 / and heads up better than the Poo 3"
Running Robbies drivers and the K Mod with anti stabs... so far good combination..

My Son's Alpha next will be a good comparison, as that is one mean P/C track

Tony... Took it easy on the 47C 4572 today- but she will get the hammer on Monday when the blue bird day is in the forecast... finally got out chest deep snow with a solid base.
Felt better than the 45C / just need to take set correctly on the 47C.

IMG_6842.JPG

IMG_6989.JPG

Last edited:

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Nice...I'll bet the PC works so much better in your snow.

I loved mine.

Dave- The best thing about the new snow- it that is had a good sticky base- one you through it though it was a battle of wits!!

So far the P/C has been impressive....my sons Alpha It just looks so much meaner- and impressive to look at.

J
Dec 23, 2018
I cant answer how TRS did his, But the way Ive done it is just take a piece of steel tubing (the same size you want the window to be) and sharping the edge with a grinder. Then get the track in the shop press and have at it.
How long did it take you to center port it?

Premium Features