• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

340 Enticer Track Options

S
Feb 1, 2009
Baker, Oregon
Well, one of the boys crashed his enticer through a fence this weekend. He got a little scratched up but is okay ("where'd that fence come from"). He's been riding in that same field for 3 years, just was more worried about beating his brother than paying attention... Whew... anyway... don't think he'll do that again!

The crash barfed up the 'ol enticer a little bit and threw the track. I started looking around last year for other track options and didn't find much. I'm sure its the stock track... with little itty bitty nubs. I would like to see a little meat on one though. Any suggestions/ warnings would be appreciated. Just would be nice if he could get out of our tracks a little in the mountains. Was thinking about 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 if they make such a thing for that sled's size. I don't even know how long the track is... but its itty bitty.

Thanks...

M
May 19, 2009
cle elum WA
if you want a bit of a project you can take a 121 skid off a phazer2 and throw it under there with a tunnel extension and a 121x1.5 track. I'm pretty sure the drivers are 2.52 pitch to any track with that oitch will do. I had a buddy who did this with a 136 and it was pretty badazz.

T
Feb 24, 2008
Libby, MT
1980 enticer mountiansled

This 300 enticer gets around awesome in the mountians and built super light. 136x1 1\5 track and custom suspension works great. Building a 340 enticer just like it right now that will be almost the same other than rear susp. Also building a 1981 440 exciter all custom and lightweight with a 156x2 inch track. Will post pics. of other two sleds when done. Set up right these fan cooled sleds should not be under estimated. Even though I have 5 big mountiansleds I love these projects and riding these tricked out older sleds.

enticer 2.jpg

S
Feb 1, 2009
Baker, Oregon
Enticer Mods

That is Sweet! Never woulda thunk it. Hmmm.... Guess I can pick up another in good shape for cheap... that would leave this one to tinker with... Hmmm maybe.

Thanks for the input... might have a few more questions.

Looking forward to the pics of the build.

S
Dec 13, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah, do you have any "in-progress" pics? I have a Enticer 340, and a 300 that could definately use that treatment!!
Please show us how!! Or do you have a parts list you can share?? If you made the skid yourself, would you consider making more and selling them?

Last edited:
C
Nov 29, 2008
Awesome suspension setup on the Enticer!

Have put a 121" x 1.25" ripsaw on our Ovations - night & day in terms of where they can go .... The old fans are not big Hp but neither are they heavy so they can get around if set up right - especially for new / young riders. Plus parts are much cheaper than the new and bigger sleds.

S
Feb 1, 2009
Baker, Oregon
For sure

Yup... I'm up for it. I should would appreciate a few "how-to's" and specific ideas/parts. I'll be dropping the skid in the next couple days and going through everything to see if anything else got broken. I just put a fresh top-end in the engine last season, but have been dealing with some bog issues that have to remedied as well.

What skid do you recommend? And what other kind of skies can mount, or do I need to change up the entire front end as well? Are you running stock clutches?

Please share.... I'm pretty excited about it, and am not telling the boys. Got him set up with another stocker for now.

Thanks

Last edited:
M
May 19, 2009
cle elum WA
A 136 skid off a phazer 2 would be your best bet just be sure to get the geometry of the skid right so there will be no issues. i will try to get some pics of my friends setup for referance.

my friend is running the stock front suspension on his for now but a front suspension off a phazer 2 are in the plans for it.

see if you can get an old phazer for parts and use the front and rear suspension off it.

Go to http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/...ghlight=xlv+tss to see a build up of a tss suspension using the existing subframe or you could swap out the subframes between the phazer and the enticer as the phazer is slightly stronger.

Last edited:
T
Feb 24, 2008
Libby, MT
Track and suspension

I have a stock long track suspension out of a 1980 340 enticer and track for sale for $100.00 if anyone wants to upgrade there short track for cheap. Bolt in and go. 2.52 pitch track. Low miles on suspension. Nice.

800tundra

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dapp, Alberta
Put a phazer skid in an enticer last year.driveshafts are different had to buy drivers due to enticer drivers are different pitch and driveshaft on enticer is square and newer are hex shafts.Had to relocate suspension due to skids having different center to center. Had to copy Phazers hole pattern. It wasn't a 1hour job.

800tundra

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dapp, Alberta
No sorry. Just sold sled bought a Month ago. If you go through the hassle. Ensure you put biggest track u can fit.

Premium Features