• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Advice : Riding Areas around Bozeman

J
Jan 31, 2012
Birch Hills, Saskatchewan
Hello All,

We usually ride in Revelstoke, Crowsnest, etc. areas of Canada. This year the wives and kids are coming with on a week trip so we are heading to Bozeman - this way we have a larger city for the ladies and kids to explore on the days we go riding plus we wanted to try some new areas out!

Looking for some advice on where to go riding - from what I have been able to grasp (not much to tell you the truth) we should go south and get on the Big Sky trail from one of the access points along the way to West Yellowstone.

Best access points? Best riding areas to head to? Specific advice/warnings for the area? Anything north around the Bridge area?

Thanks in advance and happy riding!

Jarryd

PS Wife rides usually but I don't think our 2 month old could handle it quite yet :face-icon-small-coo

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
Check out Buck creek which is just south of Big Sky. Also Taylor's Fork/Carrot Basin which is about half way between Big Sky and West.

S
Oct 21, 2017
https://www.mtavalanche.com = local avalanche info.
Cooke city is a father drive but well known and super tasty. Taylor fork, buck ridge, Island park Id.
Bridgers are smaller areas but good snow.

I use Avenza maps on my phone. Download the gallatin national forest osvum. It shows the trails and areas. Free too.

Premium Features