• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any ARO 129 reviews?

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
I guess no one purchased a new timbersled this year. Or maybe they are all our riding and having so much fun they don't have time to spray??

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I wasn’t going to respond because I don’t personally own one. My riding partner sure likes his. He had a 137 aro last year and says the 129 turns much quicker. Overall he seems real happy with it.

IShartd

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Alpine County, CA
Since starting the thread I bought one. My local guy got 12 129s and I bought the last one, so their out there. Great rebate right now on them too. Got the fit kit today. Throwing it on tonight. Might be a few days before I get a chance to ride. I will post again when I do.
I’m stoked to ride a kit again with suspension. Appears pretty burly, all 8/10 grade bolts, fit kit even comes with a prefilter cover for yer stock air filter! I hope I don’t miss that camso track to much. It was the only thing that kept me holding on to that farm equipment, outside of always waiting for warranty parts.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The reviews are out there for the 120-137.

The 129 will split the difference.

Reagen sieg has some comments on his Instagram.

IShartd

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Alpine County, CA
$900 dealer rebate on the 129le only. My dealer was kind of wondering why it was just on the 129le as that was his most sought after unit. Started December 1st, not sure for how long.

IShartd

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Alpine County, CA
First ride today in a foot of fresh. All I can say is that it’s a different deal. I had fun in 5th on the groomer road, banging through whooped out single snowmobile tracks, and of course in the trees and pow.

Gearing is longer than my 17ts and 18camso, so first isn’t really a granny gear, it’s like 2nd on my camso. Admittedly the drive chain tensioner is somewhat awkward to access and I can see that bolt wearing out, but on the other hand having a brake is a game changer on trail.

The ski is fantastic, I changed the middle Skeg out for a triple gold Skeg so I have no frame of reference for the stock one. Ski is inspiring, makes me want to drive hard into corners and tight carves in the pow.

The fox qs3 shocks are really good. Setup was easy, and they just work, I run a fixed strut, and the skid is very responsive.

Jury is out on the track, coming of the camso so many factors are different that it’s hard to tell. FYI I’ve set the track and chains at the looser side of spec and I have minimal rolling resistance. The way the drive chain rides up and over a structural frame bracket seems like an oversight bandage fix, but it works. Gotta be a way to just run it strait under without hitting the track, looks super tight though.

E
Dec 19, 2007
I don't want to seem like a buzz kill for this this topic but I just wanted to say 2 things why i don't like 129s. First the aro129 track area is smaller than the 120 wide tracks like a raw.
And if I thought I needed just a little more track I would rather go wider than longer.

2nd all 129s are an odd pitch to paddle which means the track is not symetrical and has an extra paddle jammed in somewhere that doesn't match the rest. Probably not a big deal but does make a slight thump like a flat tire when it comes around the drivers at high speed.

Just things they don't tell you in the sales brochure some folks might want to know.

Last edited:
P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
The way the drive chain rides up and over a structural frame bracket seems like an oversight bandage fix, but it works. Gotta be a way to just run it strait under without hitting the track, looks super tight though.[/QUOTE]

You are correct you can run the chain straight through, it does take a large front sprocket and you need to gear down on the kit for it to work perfect, It does free up some power for sure , that is how I run my 120 ARO kit. The ski with the Carbide centre skag is hands down the best ski --- ski and track 11" wide again works as advertised (this is actually totally underrated). The TS ARO is a bit crude and has its issues, but dialled in they are an amazing setup.

Premium Features