• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

motorfist Redline Boots( a miss in my book)

S
Jan 17, 2010
I think comment like this are no help for a company but after trying these out In my home/garage I can/should give some sort of a review that I would hope give more insite on. This is so others can make informed decision from there.

First off I'm not a complete stranger to motorfist , I love my rekon pants other than the poor gator design (2012) so I thought since I have had good luck and heard great reviews on the stompers id try the redlines with more insulation and a slighty stiffer look to them.

I opened up and put them on.

The tongue is weird and offset and after trying to lay different ways to eliminate pressure on the top of my foot by the ankle joint I thought to heck with it.
Just couldn't get the pressure with the buckles where needed or not needed.

Next, was those buckles! I know, I know, there buckles? But a little more options out there for buckles that aren't as raise up and a snag waiting to happen. If I would have keep them I would have taken a knife and shorten strap and taken a file and rounded corners of the buckle. I read this on someone's review somewhere and discredited it. He was dead nuts on.

And then last, buckle them up and Velcro top and "lean forward" with heel planted and the top pops right open? A little more ( r&d ) and these boots would make a hit. But they won't till changes are made. The sales will show. I am not some Bigfoot with crazy bunions but plain Ol size 12 that loves a good boot. I will continue to wear my meindle hunting boots, untill my other boots show up this weekend.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I had the issue with the velcro on top pulling apart too when leaning forward. These boots would not work for me either. Sent them back a month or two ago and picked up the Stomper 2.0's. The Stomper 2.0's are a home run IMO. Everything I wanted in a boot. Non snagging Laces, rugged, durable, can replace soles, more ankle support and warmth over the original stompers, and more waterproof than the original stompers. They come a size larger FYI. If you wear a 12 usually, then buy an 11.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I concur with all your points, and the primary reason I sent mine back is they were made in China and they looked it. Substandard materials, substandard workmanship! I want my moneys worth when I buy something and it just was not there in these boots. They would be overpriced at $50 IMO. Complete garbage! It cost me more in postage to return them than I felt they were worth.

F

fitler

May 14, 2009
i have had the original stomper boot which somehow defected. Motorfist was great to work with and took them back and i just paid the difference to get the newer 2.0. in my opinoin the 2.0 is a terrific boot. It is rugged and waterproof and my feet are always comfortable in all conditions. Not to hot and never cold. However i have a size 12 and it is like walking around with cement blocks on my feet. they are heavy. duribility inevitably adds weight.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have Stomper 1.0 (the tongue was too short and let snow in FOR ME), Redline 1.0 (plastic buckles that came apart quickly) and Redline 2.0 (has held solid)

The Redline 2.0 buckles are WAY better than the Redline 1.0.
The ratchets are metal now. WAY BETTER.

The Redline is different and more rigid of course, but you buy those boots knowing that going into them.
The Redline boot won't feel as soft as the Stomper.
That Stomper was NICE!!! Like a vag for your foot. Oh boy!!!

FEET WERE ALWAYS DRY AND WARM in the Redlines.
Three of my buddies have Stomper 2.0 and love them. No issues for them at ALL!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
LOL.
Do you ever need to use snowshoes?
You wouldn't need them.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I used to cruise timber anywhere from Colville WA to Helena MT in the winter so I'm got my time in on snowshoes.

Usually had to modify the bindings for some odd reason.

Premium Features