• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ad's

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Hey Christopher,

Thanks again for your help on this issue, but,

Whats up with the two ******* moderators above telling people if they don't like it to go away? Are these really the sentiments of the management?

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
I'm sorry but I am at the point that I have to agree. I don't mind the normal ads, but the video adds have to go. I use the internet via a mobile device with limited GB per month. The video adds that auto run are absolutely devouring my usage. If something doesn't change I will have to drastically cut my time on Snowest to almost nothing, and if I spend very little time on Snowest I will find no need to renew my membership when it comes due. I was on this morning for not even 10 minutes and burned through 140MB. I used to be able to be on for hours and only use 20-30MB as long as I stayed away from vids.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
YEAH what he said !!! The ads double and triple stacking squeeze out the forum....not exactly condusive to chattin' and readin'. I'll admit i've watched the video ads for every manufacturer but once is enough .. why not just a link??

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
All is quiet on the ad front,hoped they would fix it with the server issue....
Sucks every other page shrinks forum for annoying ad of some sort x3 AND the video
is this Christmas hype??

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Today some of the ads literally took up the ENTIRE right half of my screen! When you add that to the top half, I could see 1, yes ONE topic without having to scroll down. Somebody sure knows how to fawk up a forum.

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
I had a video ad that was over 2 min long! Needless to say, it sent me over the edge. I don't mind the ads but forcing video down my throat was unacceptable. Normal video ads are under 30 seconds also and they usually don't continue to load new videos!! I blocked them finally (not using ad block) because of the line that was crossed. If anyone would like help blocking them, or just blocking the video, PM me.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Ok, this is just over the top for me. I can deal with all the ads,since most of them has been related to our sport, but this video ads that starts playing by itself, it is just to much.
I must have forgot WHY I payed for 3 year membership on this site. One thing is for sure, those video ads was not the reason why I spent well earned money on it.
Now I regret that I actually renewed for 3 years, and I'm sure, if they those ads don't go, I will.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
I spent two hours with Harris Publications in their office this afternoon discussing this issue.

I need a bit to go through the notes and get a post ready.
But they do care.
They are listening
and they ARE reading all of these comments.

I know it is the holidays and riding season, but 10 days and counting and not a word more regarding Harris' stance on this issue.

You say Harris is reading these comments. Well, let me say this yet one more time.

GET RID OF THE STUPID VIDEO ADDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
They are also getting wider and wider taking up our reading space!!! 1/3 of my screen width is now stupid ads....why is the SnoWest picture of the week ad soooooo wide? We are already one here, we don't need a SnoWest POTW ad.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
slowest website on the www, due to messing with it all the time. constant pm's from the admin about what is going on, and "adds" touting their next adventure.

i have NEVER recieved a pm from an admin from ANY OTHER WEBSITE EVER!! UNLESS THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY ACCOUNT.

CHRISTOPHER HAS NO REASON TO FILL OUR PM BOXES WITH ANYTHING UNLESS REQUESTED.

NOW WE HAVE THE AUTO START ADDS, EVEN WITH A PAID MEMBERSHIP???

If something doesnt change, i will not renew my membership, and will not frequent this site or it's sponsors. Ski

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
One of the reason's I finally broke down and paid for a membership was to get rid of some of the ads like they said a membership would do. These suck and I wont make the mistake to re-new my subscription.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Sorry advertisers, I couldn't take it anymore and installed Ad Blocker Plus.

I can now read in peace (even though the screen width is still screwed up from the blocked ads on the right. I can also type complete sentences again without having half of the letters blocked due to that stupid video ad!!!!

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Ok, this is getting to the point of being extremely fu%&ing stupid!!!! I had 5 Polaris adds at one time, 2 across the top (identical ads) and 3 down the side (identical ads). Now I have 3 Polaris ads, 2 across the top identical and 1 on the side, plus 2 Skidoo ads on the side identical to each other. Harris Pub I don't believe you are reading these posts and I don't believe you care. This in addition to the ridiculous video ads is completely asinine!!! I understand making $$$$ is a necessity, but at what point do you start to listen to the paying body of this forum??? Never???? There needs to be a solution to this soon, you are pi$$ing off more and more people!!! I understand the need for advertising for additional revenue but to have identical adds wasting viewing area is bull$hit!! And, I will b&%ch till I am blue in the face about the nuisance never ending always streaming video ads. Something needs to change for those of us that pay to use this site!!!! You ever heard the old saying I vote with with my wallet??? Well guess what, if my payed subscription were up today you would not be getting my vote again!!!! Enough is enough, this thread is getting larger by the day with users who have the opportunity to vote no to you as well.

FIX THE PROBLEM!!!

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Sorry advertisers, I couldn't take it anymore and installed Ad Blocker Plus.

I can now read in peace (even though the screen width is still screwed up from the blocked ads on the right. I can also type complete sentences again without having half of the letters blocked due to that stupid video ad!!!!

Good to hear that works for ya Morsno. But, I honestly don't feel we should have to install ad-block software to be able to utilize a website we pay to use.

Premium Features