• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Modding 1M seat

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
here is my latest one!

I'VE BUILT ABOUT 10 SEATS FOR PEOPLE THIS IS THE ONE i LIKE THE MOST PLUS IT IS EASIEST TO BUILD.

THIS ONE IS ABOUT 6" TALLER SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN THE TOP OF THE GAS CAP! i HAVENT RIDDEN IT YET BUT IT FEELS VERY NICE!

THE COLOR IS A BIT LOUD BUT THAT IS WHAT i WANTED

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED LET ME KNOW I CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT FOR YOU.

DSC00897 SSM.jpg

M

Mountain Assault Seats

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 25, 2009
Draper, Utah
www.wr-products.com
WRP Arctic Cat 1M Freestyle Series seats

WRPs freestyle series seats feature optional integrated LED tail tight (eliminates OEM tail light assy.) and an optional under seat tunnel bag for all of your avalanche gear, lunch, and swag.

A fully configurable solution ... w/bag - w/o bag ... with integrated tail light - w/o integrated tail light ... you pick it! 1M model is a full 3-4"" taller than OEM seat for superior ride height and control.

DSC03671-1.jpg

Polaris EDGE Model Shown (1M/King Cat Pics to come)

Mountain TUFF Running Boards feature large board drain openings for superior snow and ice removal. WRP Running Boards demonstrate significant improvement in tunnel strength and reduced board deflection and sag.

Standard models come powdercoated for improved snow/ice stick resistance and great looks with their integrated mountain scenes and model identifier (1M or King Cat) laser cut into them!

To get started on revitalizing and updating your 1M cahssis today, contact us for more details.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Here's mine, started with just a couple buddies.....ended up on 3 continents. Back to doing it on the side for mainly family now.

That Assault seat looks killer! If I was in the market I'd be all over that seat without question!

Spomey and Rixster, lookin' good. Does the trick. Awesome. One thing you do learn in a hurry though is the stock foam is horrible and the entire seat can be made better on a lot of the sleds a few years old and older.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

138-3807_IMG (Small).JPG Diamonds%20in%20the%20fluff2%2Ejpg (Small).jpg Glenn010 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
M

Mountain Assault Seats

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 25, 2009
Draper, Utah
www.wr-products.com
Sneak Preview (WRP 1M Freestyle Series Seat)

Photo shows our prototype M-Series seat with the 1M seat pan and base frame in the background. Production pics to follow. M-Series production pics tomorrow, 1M pics mid next week. Both are 3" taller than OEM/Stock seats. Enjoy!

M-SeriesPrototype.jpg

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Would be nice if the rear mounts used the quick releases? Also if a LED taillight was mounted in the rear of the seat. Then the wire harness could enter the front and have a quick disconnect? Otherwise route it under the tunnel and have fun!

Mike

scoop

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
idaho
rasing a seat

just a thought, those of you custom building your seats might think about copying Boss a little, and having a loop put on the front, top, to keep the teabag from pinching between the tank and the seat..... just a thought!!!!!

M

Mountain Assault Seats

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 25, 2009
Draper, Utah
www.wr-products.com
WRP Mountain ASSAULT Freestyle Series Seats

Alright you Cat guys, here's a couple pics of our first production M-Series Mountain ASSAULT Freestyle seats as well as a couple of our WRP modified 2010 Arctic Cat M-Series seat.

WRP Mountain ASSAULT Freestyle Series seat pics
DSC03840.jpg

DSC03837.jpg

WRP modified 2010 Arctic Cat M-Series seat
DSC03845.jpg

DSC03846.jpg

Our 1M / King Cat version looks very similar and we will have pics up by mid next week.

All WRP Mountain ASSAULT Freestyle Series seats will be available with optional under frame bags to carry your avalanche gear, tools, swag, and lunch, as well as LED tail light assemblies.

While manufacturing costs have not been locked down, these Mountain ASSAULT Freestyle Series seats have been designed to be retail priced at $475.00 or less.

Questions or comments? Just call;

Doug

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
Just finished mine.

IMGP0916.jpg

It cost me about $50.00 plus my time, and it probably weighs an extra 1/2 pound if that. I used some pretty light weight materials to raise the stock foam, and move it forward. then filled in the gaps. I patterned it and sewed it myself. Dads is still being worked on, but I'll post it when it's done.

It's no Boss seat, but it gets me up into a better rider position.

Last edited:
H
Sep 2, 2009
seat mod

i had this done at a local upholstery shop.. costed 200 but put 4-5 nches on it and re shaped the fron so its not square looks real similar to boss
me being 6'2 it had to be done and is comfortable as hell

sled seat 2.jpg sled seat.jpg

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
When i did mine i tossed the stock foam and built a whole new piece of foam. The end result was a seat about 8 pounds lighter then stock.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Alright you Cat guys, here's a couple pics of our first production M-Series Mountain ASSAULT Freestyle seats as well as a couple of our WRP modified 2010 Arctic Cat M-Series seat.

WRP Mountain ASSAULT Freestyle Series seat pics
DSC03840.jpg

DSC03837.jpg

WRP modified 2010 Arctic Cat M-Series seat
DSC03845.jpg

DSC03846.jpg

Our 1M / King Cat version looks very similar and we will have pics up by mid next week.

All WRP Mountain ASSAULT Freestyle Series seats will be available with optional under frame bags to carry your avalanche gear, tools, swag, and lunch, as well as LED tail light assemblies.

While manufacturing costs have not been locked down, these Mountain ASSAULT Freestyle Series seats have been designed to be retail priced at $475.00 or less.

Questions or comments? Just call;

Doug

Some pic's of the 1M seats would be nice.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
When i did mine i tossed the stock foam and built a whole new piece of foam. The end result was a seat about 8 pounds lighter then stock.

If you can, defiantely replace the stock cooler-type foam. 2" blocks of closed cell foam are reasonably priced at "some" upholestry shops. Then a dense open cell foam for padding(top portion) and you have a light seat that functions way better than stock.

Premium Features