• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ported track poll

what would be your choice of track

• no ports

Votes: 203 50.8%
  • mildly ported

Votes: 150 37.5%
  • full porting

Votes: 47 11.8%

• Total voters
D
Feb 20, 2009
Back in the late '90's in the Cascades we all started drilling 1 1/8" holes and porting our tracks. They worked fine. Then Doo began doing it. Ha. Then out here in MT I bought another XP and track had no porting. Wife and I go for a ride. Did a loop through 200yds of 3' powder and parked the ported sled on a logging road immediately after exiting the deep pow. Did the same loop with the ported track sled right along side the first sled's trench and parked it. Couldn't tell the difference in snow build-up in tunnel. As for which gets up on top easier and floats better/climbs better - there are so many variables day to day and morning to afternoon I say go with either. If you really have to float across a lot of water go with non-ported, ported does sink.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Here is some porting for you. I love it. The track rolls very easy and is at least 6 lbs lighter. have ridden this track for 4 years on different sleds and it works great

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You are losing floatation. Hoffman is about the only one I know that used to go that aggressive. Ask him about it. Losing more than you are gaining.

Premium Features