• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Dragon 8 163" has arrived

T
Dec 2, 2007
Kent, WA USA
The RER button location scares the chit outta me... WAY too easy to accidently hit there. Had issues on my rev more than I cared for... It should be put behind the steering post on the console IMO..

And wow....got warnings? Man, are you sure its safe to drive it!?! lol

Oh, and the sway bar was added?? So 1/2 of the guys will have to remove them? :p

hehe BSing aside, nice sled. :) Pretty impressed w/ all manufactures new iron the last couple years..

No the sway bar's been on the IQ the just relocated it to the front and made it easier to take off and doing so took a little weight off the a-arms

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
No the sway bar's been on the IQ the just relocated it to the front and made it easier to take off and doing so took a little weight off the a-arms

FWIW, it looks a lot better thought out than the POS Yamaha sway bar.. hanging a piece of iron ~2" below the front a-arms...durrrr...
Are they building these things to sit in a shop floor in Japan or ... oh...wait a minute... OK, i understand now. lol

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
"Good look at the new front stabilizer=no more diving, better manners"

= bull-poo

stab has nothing to do with diving, only resisting roll

=easier to take off!!!!

Take that stab off and make sure the walkers are at the correct pressure and it sidehills much better.:D

I do dig on that new front bumper though

To each his own but I rode the 09 & compared it to my identical 08 with good shocks. Cold deep powder day. The 09 sidehills better & I detected no diving...some has to be the stabilizer. Similar comments from the rest of the group. I don't know what Poo claims, just my input. IMO roll & diving are related. Personally I don't like running without the stabilizer...it only sidehills better in setup snow...lose too much all around riding but thats why they come off easy so you can have it the way you like it.

Last edited:
F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Nice sled but the warning stickers got to go!
What's on the other side of the re-inforcing tab in front on the primary showing on your second picture? It would be nice for polaris to start using an led bar type brake light instead of the old style bulb assy. I like the swaybar setup.
Lots of improvements on a good design. Looks very good.
Maybe its time for me as well...
FBF.

F

fraufarm

Nov 27, 2007
North Dakota
FBF - that little aluminum strip is for the clutch cover...

the bars are silver, not black? that sucks! i wonder if its the same on the assault? also how wide is that bar pad?

RSI - do you make those mounts any shorter? im kinda short (5 ft 10) and when i stood on them at the preview they were perfect.

Last edited:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Ron likes to wear them off with use! {grrrrr} Often times metal and plastic ends up being caught in the process!:D You took that thing home so fast they didn't get a chance to install your Better Boards! Now I have too do it?

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Ron likes to wear them off with use! {grrrrr} Often times metal and plastic ends up being caught in the process!:D You took that thing home so fast they didn't get a chance to install your Better Boards! Now I have too do it?[/quote]

Rob, OK let me know when & how much alcohol will be involved, Ha Ha. I was on the fence on BB's until I saw the new Carl's Cycle version. I am so impressed that I stole the display model from Chris & will post a thread with pic's. Great job with the Better Boards...exactly what I wanted.

S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
Ron,

could u possibly post some pics that show cooler and tunnel clearance. also is it the same setup as the 08's or not. just wonderin, Thanks!:)

Premium Features