• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 arctic cat Power Claw Track

S
Jan 1, 2008
Lewiston Idaho
I was wondering what you all though of this new Power Claw track coming out on the new 09 M cats. I think it is going to be the ticket myself. Most of the guys I ride with are on M sleds, and in tons of new bottomless powder nothing seems to move a sled better than the Attack 20 162. On the other hand this same track sucks (practicaly dangerous) on harder snow. I am thinking this new Power Claw will retain the benefits of the Attack 20, while making it perform on the harder snow as well. I love my Ski-doo's..I have bought 4 new sleds in 2 years and have a new one coming for next season, so I am NOT a cat lover, but I think that all of you guys who keep saying that all cat did was change thier stickers for 09 are out of thier minds. IMO they have made the most changes out of all the manufactures for 09. Seems like it to me anyway...:beer;

D
Nov 26, 2007
just put one on a turbo'd Nytro and it works very well. It will be a great track in alot of conditions. hooks very well in firm snow

S
Jan 1, 2008
Lewiston Idaho
My brother-in-law rode with Chris Burandt a couple weeks ago and he said that Chris had one of the Power claw tracks on one of his rental sleds. Said it work killer, much better than the 2.5 Extream on the other sleds they rode that weekend.
SS

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
I Dont Knooow, Camo Extreme Is Pretty Hard To Beat All Round. Cat Has Issues With Tracks Being To Snow Specific. Or Specialty Tracks, They Dont Have A Good Track Record, How Many People Bought Kk And Hated That Track.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Cat has spent a lot of time on this track. They took the best of the attack 20 and challenger and combined them. I ordered a new 09 M8 and I think the track is going to be great. The new 162 I ordered is only 460lbs wtih the boss seat so that will be nice to. With a new pipe and can it will be around 450. Not as light as the XP but a good change for cat. By the way I have been really impressed with the XP's that I have seen run. I think everyone makes a good sled just depends on what fits you best.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I tore my '08 rev-xp track Sat and now I am installing the '09 power claw track. I've seen it work! :eek:

I have an XP and rode with a guy with the new M-8. It did work well but after watching it and many Dragons closely, I believe the weight distribution is the key not the track. Both the Cat and the Polaris seem to have more weight on the front of their skids while the doo has much weight on the rear of the skid. If you think this is not correct, watch how these sleds back up in powder. My XP will hardly back down a hill before digging in, while the other 2 can almost go backwards up hills. The tipped up rails may help but are not enough to explain the difference.

For the XP, try lowering the front skid mount by 7/8" and on the rear of the skid you need to crank the spings to 5 and add a limiter strap to the rear to hold the suspension from extending so much. (suck it in 3 inches) Now lift the sled off the ground and you will see that the track angle will be near that of the Polaris and cat. Now it will not trench as much but it may also ride the trails as rough as these other 2 aswell.

Premium Features