• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Summit SnoCheck Sled Deliveries

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I know everyone is eager to find out just when the new 2018 Summits will begin shipping.

Just had a chat with BRP Corporate.
They asked me to pass this along.

Hey Christophe:
We have posted pictures of 850's being built already on Facebook - but you can assure people production is much earlier this season and many Summits will ship soon.

Thanks,
Ski-Doo

Last edited by a moderator:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
And just to be a shallow, visual male (and proud of the label):eyebrows: the new Ski-Doos look like grasshoppers with BAD dental braces!

Really?
backcountryx3.jpg

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Christopher..maybe you know something...18 fiche show a jacksaft with splines on both ends which would indicate we may see a removable floating secondary. Any knowledge of this? Fiche are missing detail so difficult to verify.

Looks like a change to the previous style chain tensioner too.

Last edited:
L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
Be cool if an assembly line worker was on this site to keep us updated.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher..maybe you know something...18 fiche show a jacksaft with splines on both ends which would indicate we may see a removable floating secondary. Any knowledge of this? Fiche are missing detail so difficult to verify.

As of this moment I know NOTHING at all about this.

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
If you talk to brp again you should ask about the updates for the 17s. Mine was rather flawless for 850 miles but know some haven't been so lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.

Good eye....lets hope so.

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
2018 G4

Can't make to many noticeable clutching changes. Might make it look like there was more of an issue then a new belt could fix:face-icon-small-win. Pretty sure when they go to a floater BRP will make sure every1 in the world knows it. Only surprises ski-doo throws at you is when they tell you they are doing new cool stuff to get you to spring check a new sled. Then you go pick up your snow check and they decided not to include certain options as advertised :face-icon-small-sad . The 2015 spring checkers might remember that haha.

S

stmike

Dec 22, 2008
northern Ontario
Can't make to many noticeable clutching changes. Might make it look like there was more of an issue then a new belt could fix:face-icon-small-win. Pretty sure when they go to a floater BRP will make sure every1 in the world knows it. Only surprises ski-doo throws at you is when they tell you they are doing new cool stuff to get you to spring check a new sled. Then you go pick up your snow check and they decided not to include certain options as advertised :face-icon-small-sad . The 2015 spring checkers might remember that haha.

And in 2000 the MX was to get flat slides ,did not happen !!!

Premium Features