• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

no fuel...ecu?

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
just rebuilt 2009 800 assault. wont start. has spark , no fuel.powered up fuel pump to prime it. powered up ecu and dont hear anything, but shows power to pcv. tps showed ok on pcv.

bhdrag

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Could be the ecu, but I would check the stator first. I believe there's a separate coil in the stator that fires the injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
Used an ECU from a buddy's sled.. same thing. Tested all the wires from stator and voltage regulator, all numbers are the same as his . What wires from stator does the injectors get power from?

bhdrag

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
This is from the factory service manual. Injector coil is blue/yellow to blue/yellow, it should be 2.4 ohms.

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 6.39.04 PM.jpg

bhdrag

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
thats probably within spec. Maybe try checking fuel pressure next? Idk, just throwing out suggestions.

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
checked numbers again today..they all come out within specs, except the stator yel to yel, i get .4 instead of .13, but i get the same on my buddy's sled and his runs fine. one thing i found is there is no continuity between motor ground and chassis ground. i ran a ground between them and still nothing.

Last edited:
M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
thanks guy's, checked an old injector assembly that i have three day's ago, but i only plugged in the main plug in, today i plugged all of them in and the injectors are firing. will put the assembly in tomorrow. let you know what happens

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
does anyone know what actually might be wrong with the injector wiring , because i can hook up a battery and supply power at the plug in and the injectors do open? i cut the rubber protective sleeve off of the wires and didn't find any broken wires

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
thanks again for the help. i learned alot on the electrical on this sled. put my old fuel rail and wiring on today and it started right up. ran two heat cycles in garage, raining out today, hopefully get it out tomorrow, to see if the lean problem is fixed

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana

Not to hijack the thread here but that was a good read!

Very good troubleshooting info. & quite possibly applicable here.

Those are the threads that make S.W. great IMO.......

thanks again for the help. i learned alot on the electrical on this sled. put my old fuel rail and wiring on today and it started right up. ran two heat cycles in garage, raining out today, hopefully get it out tomorrow, to see if the lean problem is fixed

That was the thread I started to get past the same problem, went through heck trying to get the sled to run after an overhaul, the old gas-into-the-plug-holes helped narrow it down a little, finally biting the bullet and getting a complete harness with correct color injectors got it going... lots of people contributed to helping me narrow it down.

I am VERY glad someone can benefit from that thread and what I went through. Sled runs GREAT 99% of the time now, I do still have an intermittent full-throttle bog that acts like one cylinder cuts out and does not come back unless I back out of it a little and then get right back into it and it is fine. Going to replace my fuel pump next since it was making funny sounds even back then, although it was not the core problem since I switched out pumps with a buddy's spare assembly and no change (but his fuel pump sounded much more normal than mine).

T
Dec 26, 2009
I'd like to add some info to this as I had a similar issue last year. Performed many of the tests the the OP did, all within spec.

My issue was an o-ring (yeah, it's always in o-ring!) within the fuel regulator. Somehow, the o-ring was crushed within the two plates of the regulator disk(brass top of the fuel pump).

I could power the fuel pump to push fuel, but it wasn't pressuring enough to keep the sled running.

Premium Features