• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Birth control Ad on snowest?!!??

I thought it was sledding ad....when your riding a sled your not riding other things....but it wasn't.

I'm the only one using this computer, where they figure I want to look at those kinds of ad is beyond me. All I do on this computer is work, forums (Jeeps, boats and sleds), Craigslist and football. Sure seems like a fall under the female birth control demographic! :S

Last edited:
T
Aug 13, 2012
I agree with RMScustom, the advertisers now put advertisements that are related to your (or someone who uses your computers') interests (ie. what was previously searched on your computer). Ads about my interests (architecture, old cars, etc.) pop up all the time on very unrelated websites. At first I was surprised and thought that it was just dumb luck, but now I see them all the time...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thats the result of CO-OP advertising.
Harris is selling that block to another advertiser that displays a "wide" range of products in it.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Thats the result of CO-OP advertising.
Harris is selling that block to another advertiser that displays a "wide" range of products in it.

I get it, but it's curious to me which ads are popping up in there. Anti-snowmobiling groups, birth control (which doesn't bother me), etc. It just doesn't seem so random.

At least I don't have to see the BRP add that plays a video with annoying noise every time I switch pages. It might be time for ad blocker. The snowmobiling vendors should be pissed, because if I go with ad blocker, I don't see their ads. I like seeing new products from our sled vendors!

Premium Features