• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

summit track drop brackets

Jan 22, 2011
I have an 01 summit highmark extreme and its sitting too low I want to drop the rear of the track lower. (and raise the back of the tunnle) Does anyone know where I can get a bigger drop bracket or does anyone make them??

A

attatoy

Nov 19, 2012
Vancouver Island B.C.
You can make them yourself, but the front of the track needs to get droped too. I drilled the rivet out that holds the running board brace that is about 3/4 rearward and about the same downward and remounted the track there( i had enough adjustment in my track to do this, and it dramaticly changed the the way the sled rode(as well as the read drop) and it got the *** up in the air a bit!

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
You can make them yourself, but the front of the track needs to get droped too. I drilled the rivet out that holds the running board brace that is about 3/4 rearward and about the same downward and remounted the track there( i had enough adjustment in my track to do this, and it dramaticly changed the the way the sled rode(as well as the read drop) and it got the *** up in the air a bit!

X2--if you don't move the front skid axle back and down there will be too much ski pressure and steering will become very hard.

BCB

kevinhoglund

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stanwood, Wa
Drop Bracket

:face-icon-small-fro
X2--if you don't move the front skid axle back and down there will be too much ski pressure and steering will become very hard.

BCB

That's not true. I droped my skid in the rear and left the front on the stock hole and my ski pressure didn't change.:face-icon-small-hap

IMGP4823.jpg IMGP4824.jpg

S
run down to the local aluminum fab place & pic up some high grade 3/16" - 1/4" material and build your own but don't cheap out on the rivets etc for mounting them...i use the "mono bolt" style that draw a steel sleeve through the body of the rivet that have amazing gripping/clamping power & are resistant to shearing forces plus they are fairly "clean looking" without the snapped off pin that you have with the normal rivets

R
Dec 2, 2011
MN
Premium Features