• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 Arctic cat m7 intermittent spark

Z
Dec 4, 2010
I have a 2005 Arctic cat m7 that has intermittent spark. Will run for about 3-5 seconds then shuts down . Pull plugs and no spark. Wait for 10-15 min and I got spark again and will run for the 3-5 seconds again. I have change the stator with a brand new rewound on from Rmstator. I have all the safety switches and kill switches un plugged. Have diamond drive and tail lights and hood wiring all unplugged. I have switched ecu and coil with known working ones and still same thing. Anyone have any ideas?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
First and foremost RMS stators are JUNK!!!!

I would do ohms resistance on all the coils of the stator to determine if it is good, even if it is new.

Next I would test the TPS. If a TPS is failing it will do exactly what you are describing and start, run for a few seconds and die like you hit the kill switch.

Z
Dec 4, 2010
Just got done changing know working throttle body and tps from working sled and still does same thing. Any other ideas? Wiring harness? Thanks in advance.

Premium Features