• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new FIX IT thread please

T

The_PooDragon

Nov 24, 2011
Grande Prairie
The real beauty of the FIX (I think) is that for people "in the know", a Dragon can be purchased for cheap cheap - and with the FIX kit can be made into a reliable sled on a serious budget.

A brand new 2010 is sitting at a local dealership listed at 9K....for under 10K someone can have a sled that is essentially a PRO with different plastic and slightly heavier.

S

St0rm77

Oct 17, 2009
Fort McMurray, Alberta
i've finally put on about 100 km's on the fix..... i think we have a winner. very difficult to stay easy on the loud flipper when the sled is running the best it ever has. did do some mild pulls in revelstoke last week-end and it pulled like a hero..... very happy indeedy.

F

force it in

Dec 18, 2007
to all you guys that arnt beleavers or just too cheap did a compreshon check before kit they were about 110 did them last night after the boys at pms did kit and now we have 145 with heads cant wait to ride. and the guys at pms are the easyest to work with. sean will take care of all your needs. let you know how it rides after weekend.

F

force it in

Dec 18, 2007
sean did kit at pms and power addation head for 6000 ft and above and now have 145 psi. as far as the other guy that has to run av gas maby your not at the right att as your head is requried

S

schtann

Jan 2, 2010
The Fix is in with about $4k total spent including all new cylinder, top end bearings, minor crank work, pipe, etc. and the $1k spent on the PC5 electronics (did most of labor myself). Had a fairly severe 2009 CFI4 800 burndown (with all the OEM updates) in Feb 2011 just off warranty at 700 miles. And 4 hours running on it all so far and it works great ...... so far. See my recent posts about it and let's keep the feedback going. No head on it yet but still running some C12 and REDLINE lube to help give it a chance. No TURBO. :face-icon-small-ton:wine:

J
Feb 13, 2009
Park City, UT
The real beauty of the FIX (I think) is that for people "in the know", a Dragon can be purchased for cheap cheap - and with the FIX kit can be made into a reliable sled on a serious budget.

A brand new 2010 is sitting at a local dealership listed at 9K....for under 10K someone can have a sled that is essentially a PRO with different plastic and slightly heavier.

2012 PRO RMK 155 can he had for $9,999 here in UT, so $9.5K for a 2010 is no bueno.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
So why are you on this site?

So glad we don't have douches like this in the cat forum.

We're here to talk about sleds... not to pay the Harris brothers.

If the douche crew wants to harass people because they weren't dumb enough to waste their money to read something that's free ANYWHERE else... there's other sites too, you're just driving people away who may at one point change their minds & decide to pay or may get to a point where they're major contributors... you never know. :face-icon-small-sho

Funny, in the cat section I've been complaining about the threads NOT being closed to basics... cause after 75, they're usually worthless anyhow:face-icon-small-ton.

Sorry to be stirring the pot in another forum, but enough of you boys have been in the cat forum this year.... you'll live!!:face-icon-small-win

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
So glad we don't have douches like this in the cat forum.

We're here to talk about sleds... not to pay the Harris brothers.

If the douche crew wants to harass people because they weren't dumb enough to waste their money to read something that's free ANYWHERE else... there's other sites too, you're just driving people away who may at one point change their minds & decide to pay or may get to a point where they're major contributors... you never know. :face-icon-small-sho

Funny, in the cat section I've been complaining about the threads NOT being closed to basics... cause after 75, they're usually worthless anyhow:face-icon-small-ton.

Sorry to be stirring the pot in another forum, but enough of you boys have been in the cat forum this year.... you'll live!!:face-icon-small-win

It's a legitimate question. Go back in his posts and you'll see where he doesn't agree with Harris' business practices. If you don't agree with the way a company operates but continue to use their products, and then continue to hang around and complain, it just makes you sounds whiney.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
It's a legitimate question. Go back in his posts and you'll see where he doesn't agree with Harris' business practices. If you don't agree with the way a company operates but continue to use their products, and then continue to hang around and complain, it just makes you sounds whiney.

I don't agree with them either, I think they're a good ol boy system of a company, which protects companies they favor (on here & in the mag) and eliminates negative feedback from people who have been treated poorly by some of them. I also don't need to give them my money, plain & simple.

The reality is though, I know many people in this community & don't feel like leaving just because some group of people that I have no interaction with on here ask people for money. I'll continue to be helpful to the people who I can help despite the fact that HP extorts that help & information that we provide for their greed.

SO yeah... I'm not going anywhere, I see no reason that the OP should go anywhere, and I don't see why people like you would feel the need to harass someone else just because they didn't make the same poor decisions with their money(in my always humble opinion:becky:) that you did.

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
I never thought I had any engine or piston problems (2100 miles on my D8) but simple WOW..... after tearing down my top end to install the fix kit, the piston clearance was unbelievable!!! I couldn’t understand how Polaris could put such out of spec pistons in a sled. There also was a little bit of scoring on the lower back side of the pistons. Glad I chose to invest in the Fix Kit. Next step is getting my cylinders honed before I can install the new pistons and reassemble. Any suggestions on oils for break in? The sled had run interceptor from day 1.

J

jim9006

Sep 7, 2008
Cle Elum WA
home.comcast.net
Sounds like you’ve been doing the right thing so far. My advice is don’t change a thing (after you install the fix kit). Just do a proper break-in and you should be good to go.

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
work in progress

Reassembled the motor last night, cylinders, pistons, head, all gaskets, exhaust valves, Y-pipe, air box, injectors; went pretty smooth. Piston clearance is MUCH better and rings fit amazing too. I have been removing the electric start while in the process of working on the motor. Tonight I’m going to add coolant, oil, some new gas, drill out the eclectic start rivets, then put the pipe and electrical cover along with all the panels and hood and it should be ready for its first heat cycle.

Premium Features