• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

powdercoating

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
My sled came from the factory with a black tunnel. My riding buddies are plain aluminum. My running boards stay clean while they are constanly kicking the crap out of thiers. A lot of work? Yes. But worth it in my opinion.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
To powder coat, doesn't the tunnel have to be taken off the sled?

If so, sounds like a lot of effort to me.

To prevent snow/ice buildup on the running boards, I cut a two pieces of flat plastic sled material and zip tied to the top of each board with 5 zips down the middle or so. One swipe with my foot and the snow is gone just like that.

Traction on the board - there are a few times when my foot is 100% on the plastic and there is less traction but for the most part my size 13 boot is partly on the serrated edge of the board anyhow.

The plastic does provide more traction than snow/ice which usually tend to let your foot slip over the edge of the board anyhow. With plastic, at least there is still a lip on the edge to hold your boot in place.

My $.02.

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
It is def a head turner when u do see a person who as powder coated there whole frame. and if you have a reason to do like your pulling the motor for a reason well thats most of the work done bc then its just about another hour or 2 worth of work and u have it down to the bare frame. just make sure if u do take every thing off put all your bolts and nuts in labled bag saying where they go. and remember Prepping is the main reason for a good powdercoat job.

Premium Features