• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XCR Dragon??????

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I need parts from oem dragon wiring harness! more specifically I need the ecu connectors. Do you have? Want to sell?

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
we rode yesterday and it was awesome. we made a lot of headway on the handling and have the suspension about perfect. this motor come out of my last sled which i had for 11 years. KF design out of my home town built a custom sled in a gen II chassis that i ended up with about 4500 miles on. we just completed my new Dragon around Christman. this motor has no bore work done. i had it ported and run nitrous. It has 195 horse stock and 240 with nitrous. it would have to be probably the most reliable motor Polaris ever built. Im trying to get some video on here right now of a few runs from yesterday.

Thats because Polaris never built it, Fugi Heavy industries from Japan did. Love the sled. I love the my XCR. Now if I had a dragon chassis.

T
Jan 29, 2010
do you have reverse on that? i have an 00 xcr 800 and am running an 2010 assault. good motor to put in when my 800 cfi pops again but i need to have reverse.

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
Saw this sled sitting in the parking lot at the Soda Butte a couple of days ago. Very nice. How'd she run out there in the fresh pow?

T
Jan 29, 2010
Well all you die hard triple fans, After two months of fabricating and positioning we just finished my XCR 800 Dragon. It can be done and wow what a machine. I have about 150 miles on it so far and were getting it dialed in pretty good. I have been riding a custom built gen 2 sled for 11 years with this motor and there is no way I would go to a twin after having my triple. I have big ol crank shop pipes underneath and they all fit under my stock dragon hood. Im putting this on here so everyone that was wondering "I WISH " now knows it will work. If anyone wants pics let me know.
that is awesome. could you send pics to kevnan1994@myfairpoint.net. i have a 2010 assault that keeps blowin up. i have 1 more year of warranty then i figure i will sell the 800cfi engine to pay for part of the project. i also have a 2000 xcr in the basement. nice job on yours, looks very clean.

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
Why do you need a speedo? That engine looks great in there, good job. But you had to of lost a lot of handling ( as in easy to throw around ) of the sled yes yes? If you can put that in there then my buddy should be able to get his 910 in one. Nice sled!

X
Jan 5, 2010
Conrad. MT
Actually the handling is awesome now that I got the shocks set to the right pressures. My brother has a stock 800 dragon and when riding both of them I can honestly say it handles just as good or better now. We took the 155 track off and put on a 163 and that made a huge difference. The transfer is finally working. Tomorrow is April 20th and were going riding so hopefully a few tweeks and I think were finally there.

X
Jan 5, 2010
Conrad. MT
Well I ended up with about 600 miles on this sled for the year and wow.....what a combo, the ride and handleing of the IQ and the pure Horsepower of the big triple. It never missed a beat and by the last couple rides we had it tuned in almost perfect. Burning temps around 1300 to 1340 and turning R's around 8800 to 8900. The 163 challenger track was a huge hit for this sled. It handled all the transfer problems we had at first. We hope to chat again next winter.

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
Nice to see someone found room for pipes under the hood. Before the forums got switched over, someone across the pond had a PWC based triple mounted in the consumer IQ chassis, but was doubting it would be possible to keep triple pipes under the hood. Never heard how that ended up. Apparently, the motor went into the chassis with only a small and easily correctable interference with the MAG side bulkhead, so I'm not surprised the XCR motor fit in just fine. I was hoping to get my PWC triple to work decent with a single pipe so I could try the same thing (no luck on that front).

X
Jan 5, 2010
Conrad. MT
SORRY about the videos guys, I do have videos but I cant get the damn things downloaded on here for some reason. I have 5 or 6 on my smartphone but cant get them converted. Any help I would appreciate it. Thanks

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I'm sure someone can get em converted for ya if ya email them to whomever that may be. I know ur problem, have the same thing with my phone, always have to find someone to convert for me all the time.

Premium Features