• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

a shout out to the wifes out there

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Well sitting here not being able to sleep do to the freakin cold I picked up and the other pains. I look over at my wife and I got to thinking. We have a comfortable bed upstairs yet she has slept here next to me on the couch this past week cause she wanted to be with me! It made me realize how much we as men can take advantage of the small things in life and I know this is all mushy and what not but stay with me. I think any women who can be married to a sledder deserves a high five we go out many times a year while they stay home and watch the kids. They put up with our constant stories of the days ride even though they don't always care. Every time we leave to go ride we take the risk of not coming back! So as I sit here thinking about this I just want to shout out to every sledders wife for enduring with us to the end and I hope we all take the time to let them know how much we appreciate and love them! Rant over!

C

cowboysedge

Apr 3, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
I agree! Only one difference at my house. There is no way in heck I can go sledding without her. She even has all the guys trained that I (We) ride with. They know if I'm going she is going. Most of the time we ride 2-3 days a week and If I'm working when she wants to go she goes with my buddy, his wife, and daughter.

I'm pretty lucky to have such a good wife, she keeps the ball rolling around here. But I am pretty sure that if I couldn't keep her sled and bike running just the way she wants, then she would have no reason to keep me around.:face-icon-small-win

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Sounds fairy taleish, but thats good. The other day me and my 2 best buds were doing a overnighter. The pup in the group just got married. Were getting ready for bed and my bud finds a note his sweet heart left for him to find. It was touching she said all the right stuff, it really kinda gave me hope, in 21 yrs I have never got a note like that, probably dont deserve one but it would be nice. She talked about how important the time with his friends was, how she understood they didnt have to be joined at the hip. I thinks it ok that we (husbands & wives) have individual interests, Im kinda glad my wife doesn't enjoy sledding. Now that my kids are going she is really missing out, but after 21 yrs there isnt much I can say to get her to come. Nuff preaching enjoy them wives fellers work as hard on that as you do you job, you might as well enjoy the coming years.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
It takes all types....my wife just happens to be one of the best types :)

Without her I wouldn't be sledding....no really...I don't work and she pays for everything...plus lets me leave 2-3 days a week and 2 weeks in Feb. Works all week then stays home with our three young daughters so I can go out and play.

Of course the shoe's on the other foot once the snow melts...its yes dear and honey do lists all summer. Luckily most of my summer chores revolve around taking the family out in the fifth wheel...its work...but the good kind.

Thanks honey!

R

RMKED

Jan 31, 2010
Woods Cross, Utah
www.ksl.com
Well put, Justin. My wife will probably never ride a sled on her own. She just doesn't want to. She will however watch the videos all of you guys/gals post on here and say "Oh that looks fun" or "That was cool". (She loved Thatchers back stroke clip).
So for you ladies that hit the hills and trails with (or without) your husbands, good going!!! For those that stay at home, a big thank you for letting us go play!:face-icon-small-hap

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
I"ll have to give her more credit today two sick boys a sick husband who is stuck in a chair and cant do much with one arm ( I can lift anything at all with it for 3 more weeks) how she hasn't killed us yet only she will know?:rant:

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
I haven't been able to sleep in my bed since my back surgery, does she care? nope! go sleep on the couch she says.... She has no desire to ride with me, that is fine... then she throws a fit when I have no desire to go to the rodeo in 100 degree heat, all that horse crap baking in the sun puts off a wonderful smell...

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
Well sitting here not being able to sleep do to the freakin cold I picked up and the other pains. I look over at my wife and I got to thinking. We have a comfortable bed upstairs yet she has slept here next to me on the couch this past week cause she wanted to be with me! It made me realize how much we as men can take advantage of the small things in life and I know this is all mushy and what not but stay with me. I think any women who can be married to a sledder deserves a high five we go out many times a year while they stay home and watch the kids. They put up with our constant stories of the days ride even though they don't always care. Every time we leave to go ride we take the risk of not coming back! So as I sit here thinking about this I just want to shout out to every sledders wife for enduring with us to the end and I hope we all take the time to let them know how much we appreciate and love them! Rant over!

Sounds like a keeper. I'm sure you'd do the same for her. That's what it's all about right?:face-icon-small-hap

Cowgirl151

Premium Member
Jul 21, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
How sweet!! :lips::lips: I'm very lucky too! :heart:

I agree! Only one difference at my house. There is no way in heck I can go sledding without her. She even has all the guys trained that I (We) ride with. They know if I'm going she is going. Most of the time we ride 2-3 days a week and If I'm working when she wants to go she goes with my buddy, his wife, and daughter.

I'm pretty lucky to have such a good wife, she keeps the ball rolling around here. But I am pretty sure that if I couldn't keep her sled and bike running just the way she wants, then she would have no reason to keep me around.:face-icon-small-win

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Sounds like a keeper. I'm sure you'd do the same for her. That's what it's all about right?:face-icon-small-hap

That is dead on GP! She may not love sledding but at least she loves me:face-icon-small-hap

By the way love the sig picture very fitting what I want to know is if the roles in your house are switch the young-ins taking care of the parents. My boys 2-4 help me out a tone while moms at work!:washing:

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
By the way love the sig picture very fitting what I want to know is if the roles in your house are switch the young-ins taking care of the parents. My boys 2-4 help me out a tone while moms at work!:washing:

Yes the recliner is the best piece of furniture IMO. I really have no idea what half the house looks like right now. Got stairs??? I have only been on the main floor that consists of the front room, kitchen, bathroom and our bedroom. The lower level is the kids half and my gf told me today that it looked fantastic.:face-icon-small-hap I owe a big thanks to my hub and kids for doing all they can to maintain while I can't. Ron is doing the laundry, dishes, cooking, taking care of the kids, me(big job) and straightening up the best he can with one arm as I sit her with my leg in the air. He's pretty amazing really! I didn't realize I would be so laid up not being able to get what I want when I want it. Crutches suck!!! And I think I'm done with pain pills. They make me to tired and loopy all day, it's driving me nuts!

Premium Features