• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 IQR to 98 700 RMK Non-EV Motor

M

modme

Dec 17, 2007
Fargo, ND
Started my IQR conversion this past weekend. I'm using a motor out of a 98 700 RMK (Non-VES), using brad's motor plate from Power Addiction Racing. I am doing oil injection and I'm shooting for more of a dependable power than the 440. Here are some pics of what I have ran into so far.

Initial fit mag.jpg Initial fit PTO.jpg Initial fit PTO1.jpg Initial fit Water Pump.jpg First Cuts Oil Pump.jpg First Cuts PTO Side.jpg First Cuts Water Pump.jpg

M

modme

Dec 17, 2007
Fargo, ND
More Pics

Here are the pics of the second fitment with the torque stops, re-welds ect...

Fitting Torque Plate.jpg Fitting Torque Stop.jpg ReWeld Torque Stop.jpg ReWeld To Fit Oil Pump.jpg ReWeld to fit Torque Plate.jpg ReWeld to fit Torque Plate Top.jpg

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
looking good so far... is that all u r gonna do to the sled this year, or r u gonna longtrack it as well??

keep up the good work

CK

M

modme

Dec 17, 2007
Fargo, ND
Motor this season,

Yep this is it for this season, I'll most likely start again on it mid-summer with a custom laser cut tunnel ext, 155 rear skid ,some different front suspension, and begin my search for a used turbo kit for the 700 as soon as I get the cash.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
The only other thing I would do is change out the water pump cover from the 98 over to a newer style. I think 01 an up BB 6,7, and 800 motors all had the same one till 2005. It brings the water line on top of the motor instead of having to run it underneath.. Looks great though..

M

modme

Dec 17, 2007
Fargo, ND
Finished for the year!

Can't seem to find my pics of the final pipe setup but I did the stock pipe with one cut to the pipe and tilted the y-pipe up a bit. I then used a MBRP race silencer from a 04 600 switchback with about 5 cuts to the outlet to fit the stock bellypan hole.

A-Arm Support.jpg Coolant Lines and Oil pump.jpg Stock Pipe Before Cut 2.jpg Stock Pipe Before Cut.jpg Custom Airbox W Timbersled Filter.jpg Custom Airbox With Timbersled Filter 2.jpg

Last edited:
M

modme

Dec 17, 2007
Fargo, ND
Oil Tank

Temporarily, I am using an early 90's Arctic Cat Coolant Reservoir till I can find the time to make an aluminum oil reservoir. The Coolant reservoir doesn't hold much oil but enough to get a good test ride in. The 08 RR 600 had a oil reservoir that will work on these but I havn't looked into what it would take to make it bolt up to the steering column. JS Powersports carries the RR tank for $131. http://www.jspowersports.com/polaris_iq_oil_injection.htm

Last edited:
Temporarily, I am using an early 90's Arctic Cat Coolant Reservoir till I can find the time to make an aluminum oil reservoir. The Coolant reservoir doesn't hold much oil but enough to get a good test ride in. The 08 RR 600 had a oil reservoir that will work on these but I havn't looked into what it would take to make it bolt up to the steering column. JS Powersports carries the RR tank for $131. http://www.jspowersports.com/polaris_iq_oil_injection.htm

can you send me some pics of this???
my email is bradf-88@hotmail.com.

thanks a ton.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Here are a couple of pics of my oil bottle on my 08 RR. Hope these help. Looks like they are just self-tapping bolts.

IMG_0416.jpg IMG_0417.jpg IMG_0418.jpg

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Looks like the RR has a flat piece of metal for the gusset rather than the tube yours has where the top of the bottle will rest, but I've heard it's a direct bolt-on. Not sure on that. Price tag on those is a little steep in my opinion!

M

modme

Dec 17, 2007
Fargo, ND
Oil Tank

I also thought the price tag was a bit steep! Considering my plans for a turbo later on it seems that the RR oil reservoir takes up alot of space! Fitting a charge tube through that area after the stock oil reservoir is in may be a bit tight thats why I chose build my own oil reservoir rather than buying one.

hdfxst04

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2009
Twin Cities
I have 05 iq that I mounted the rr oil tank in. 05 need threaded inserts put in front and rear tubes to bolt on tank. I also wrapped flat stock aluminum around top for mount and riveted it together. 05's unfortunatley did not come with added reinforcement plate on top tubes. This has held up for around 1000 miles of ditches here in MN.

K
Oct 28, 2014
Can't seem to find my pics of the final pipe setup but I did the stock pipe with one cut to the pipe and tilted the y-pipe up a bit. I then used a MBRP race silencer from a 04 600 switchback with about 5 cuts to the outlet to fit the stock bellypan hole.

you used the stock 400 exhaust or the stock 700 exhaust?
i just purchased a iqr 440 with a blown 700 and everything was dissasembled when i got it. it came with what looks like a stock 440 exhuast with a modifed tail end that leads to the silencer probably to accommodate for extra exhaust gases or pressures from the bigger motor. wondering if i just seal it up and convert it back to stock that'll work like yours or if you did more than that besides the can from the 600 switchback? thanks

Premium Features