• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help pipes hitting hood???

I

IQmodster

Jan 4, 2009
In the cold
Anyone help... my hood is riding on my pipes. 06 IQR with 800, mod hoop, post mounts ect.. what the heck... everyone else can fit triples and I can't get twins to fit!! Take a look...as you can see the head light assembly is out.

hoodpipes 057.jpg hoodpipes 058.jpg hoodpipes 059.jpg hoodpipes 060.jpg

P
Jan 15, 2008
pipes

what brand pipes, my decker twins are close to my hood but just clear the hood divots are slightly melted I aluminum taped the inside of my hood and that helped, but if yours touch that wont work the pics dont look bad but it is a pic how much clearance do you have on your lower torque mount bolt on the front of the motor I had to grind mine a little, the frame and the bolt head to fit. whos motor plate motor sitting to high

I

IQmodster

Jan 4, 2009
In the cold
pipes hitting

They are SLP factory racing pipes. Everything is factory mod. Straps, spacers, hoop, and post. The engine does sit up, but I have analized every situation with the height of the engine. The pipe is down against the hoop and the hood is sitting "right on" the pipe.

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
Something that I have noticed with these, (mine got me thinking about it) is that every set of twins seems to be different with whatever setup. I have the SLP race twins with Brads plate and mod hoop, stock post and mine just clear the hood. Others are able to run the underhood air plenum with stock airbox etc. and others are not. My pipes look to fit a lot different then yours and the only thing different between our sleds is you used the Race Dept. motor straps etc.

I want to run the stock air box setup so I am moving the post on my hoop over to get the pipes in lower and then fitting them in as tight as possible to get as much hood clearance as possible. I will have to do some plastic work on the underhood air plenum, but things should work out. i will post some pictures when it is all done.

I

IQmodster

Jan 4, 2009
In the cold
I am trying to run everything Factory Polaris ran. I don't want a head light or anything stock so that is fine with me running this tight. I moved a few things and cut out for hood screens to give enought clearance. I am interested in seeing your pics.. I did not cut any material from my bulk head and I know Brads plate requires this to fit. I have a big block 800 too. Most people are running small blocks or small block 800's.

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
Yeah I did have to clearance the bulk head, but after doing that and welding it all up things fit well. I am running a 910 so I need as much air as possible with consistant air temps. I should have the pipes done next week and I will post the pictures on this thread when it's all done. Take care....mike

Premium Features