• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Polaris IQ600 Racer For Sale New!

I have a 2010 IQ600 Race Sled coming. This model is scheduled to be built at the Polaris factory on Oct 19th. I should have it available for pickup by the end of the month. The sled can be picked up from Hastings MN. I work for the Polaris Race team as Levi Lavallee's sled builder and tech and I get a new sled every year as part of my contract. I will be gone most of the winter on the snocross tour so I have no use for the sled. Price is $9500obo. I have it listed on ebay also for 9500buy it now. This sled goes fast every year and there are a limited number being built. Please contact me through email terry_gilomen@hotmail.com or call me Terry @ 507-271-7915

This is the article from Polaris Industries Haydays release.

Polaris unveiled its 2010 600 IQ race sled at the recent Hay Days event in Minnesota and announced plans to once again dominate North American racing. The latest iteration of the 600 IQ reflects the old adage, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” Well sort of, in actuality the 2010 Polaris 600 IQ racer underwent tweaks to make it a better all around race sled, while leaving alone the things that have made it successful.
Polaris’ snowmobile engineering team decided not to totally mess with the success that gave the 2009 race version these racing highlights:
• In ISOC, Polaris racers finished 1-2-3 in Pro Open points and 1-3 in Pro Super Stock points.
• In the Canadian Snocross Racing Assn. circuit Polaris racers finished 1-2 in points in both Pro classes, and,
• Polaris won both Pro titles on the Rock Maple Racing circuit.

To build on last season’s successes, Polaris engineers focused on further enhancing durability, improving drivability and responding to a few requests made by racers.

The IQ racer front end appears more aggressive thanks to redesigned side panels.

“In our opinion, we have one of the most durable units out there and it’ll be back for this coming year with some very minor changes,” says Polaris Racing Manager Tom Rager, Sr.

Factory engineers, using input from their racing drivers, sought areas of the race sled that they could improve.

Polaris engineering narrowed the side panel area for this season.

“We were pleased with last year’s package as it relates to the overall sled performance and its reliability,” said Polaris Sr. Project Engineer David Borowicz, who has overseen race sled development the past two seasons. “For 2010, we focused our attention on slight changes that will help improve the reliability even further. We also responded to a few specific requests from drivers and teams.”

"...Polaris engineers focused on further enhancing durability, improving drivability and responding to a few requests made by racers."

Built on the Polaris’ IQ Chassis, the 2010 race sled features a lightweight Independent Front Suspension (IFS), powerful Polaris Liberty 600 2-stroke twin and superb braking and driver ergonomics. But there was room to improve and Borowicz and his engineering team made specific enhancements to the 2010 Race Sled.

2010 Polaris Race Sled Enhancements
• New left- and right-hand fenders with a sculpted design to create a narrower front
• A change to the left-hand bulkhead brace, resulting in more clearance to the drive clutch
• Pilot holes added to the suspension rail beams to provide more options for coupler block placement
• Improvements to the front seat bracket to prevent nut strip-out
• Plus, a new headlight dimmer switch, which is now located on the console (not the handlebar as before)

Walker Evans shocks control the IQ’s 11.5-inches of front suspension travel.

Because suspensions are critical to a race sled’s success, Polaris engineering worked diligently in this area. Polaris’ Independent Front Suspension was designed to provide a light – yet extremely durable and reliable – front end that delivers responsive handling with minimal steering input.

Borowicz said, “When we designed this front end, the goals were to decrease the IFS weight, retain the durability, and improve steering effort. The lower weight and steering effort help to reduce rider fatigue, helping to keep the racers fresh, but the durability is critical to ensure that drivers can finish the races they start. It’s a proven, reliable IFS that offers long travel, a large steer angle, minimal bump steer and easy handling.”

The IFS uses lightweight aluminum idler arms and it has ski spindles developed jointly by Polaris and Holz Racing Products. Walker Evans supplies aluminum IFP (Internal Floating Piston) 16-position compression-adjustable shocks with piggyback reservoirs. The IFS has 11.5" of travel while the IQ Rear Suspension has 13.9" of travel.

The front track shock of the IQ Rear Suspension is a Walker Evans aluminum springless shock and the rear track shock is a Walker Evans aluminum IFP 16-position compression-adjustable shock with a large-body reservoir.

Since the major race circuits require 600-class engines, Polaris racers had the advantage of using a Polaris engineered and built Liberty 600 twin that was specifically tuned to deliver excellent acceleration and outstanding power.

“We achieved our speed and power last year, so we’re returning with a nearly identical engine that should perform well and definitely deliver the reliability needed to win races and championships,” Borowicz said.

Special 14.75-inch wide by 121-inch long track features a 1.75-inch lug profile.

Complementing the outstanding power is superb braking provided by the Cyclone master cylinder and lever teamed with a liquid-cooled “Phantom” dual-piston caliper

POL_IQ-racer-studio.jpg POL_IQ-racer-narrow-panel.jpg Pol_Iq-racer-shock-jb.jpg

Premium Features