• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Way too many distractions with all of these bars, graphs, thanks, etc. I can see this turning into a popularity contest site and loosing the old faithful sledders with usefull facts and opinions.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
As I have said several times now, PLEASE BE PATIENT. There really is a game plan here that we are following, a method to our madness as it were....

You will see them get smaller and smaller as time goes by.

Right now the old rep system just went OFF LINE and the new one just came ON-LINE. This is a HUGE CHANGE for most of the members of this forum.

Give me a week or two so that most of the SnoWest members get a chance to see them and understand them.

Then, step one will be to remove the text, that will reduce their footprint by 50%.

Step Two will be a user toggle that allows each user to choose whether or not to view them on their personal display. At that point you will have full control over them.

That's good to hear :beer; I have a question about back ground color on other v bulletin forums you can change it and i have always liked the minimal night. would that be an option here ?

minimalnight.jpg

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
I just wanna know how we know who's winning? :D

That's the spirit, click on community, click on Experience and you will see with your own 2 eyes............................................................:eek:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Why do you feel like you need to train us to see and understand them for a week or so before allowing us to toggle them? Let those that want to - do it already. Most users are pretty smart and can figure stuff out without the lessons (notice I said most :p )
Because the module that will allow you to toggle them also does many other things on the forum, and it is not installed yet.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That's good to hear :beer; I have a question about back ground color on other v bulletin forums you can change it and i have always liked the minimal night. would that be an option here ?
Are you telling me that all the skins are NOT in your USER-CP right now?????

This place needs SO MANY upgrades to get it caught up with the current state of software development. Poor site is several years behind the power curve on technology.

Let me go look.

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
i've already trained my eye to ignore them:face-icon-small-hap good boy:face-icon-small-hap

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Are you telling me that all the skins are NOT in your USER-CP right now?????

This place needs SO MANY upgrades to get it caught up with the current state of software development. Poor site is several years behind the power curve on technology.

Let me go look.

now we're gettin somewhere:beer;

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
That's the spirit, click on community, click on Experience and you will see with your own 2 eyes............................................................:eek:

The original godfather of pw'n is the leader, jeesh nobody tell him he'll be whistlin show tunes for a week. :cool:

S
Nov 26, 2007
God, I hate to say this but this site is really starting to suck.

I used to enjoy logging on and seeing whose doing what but now?
This is garbage. I don't need another facebook (which I don't belong to) or other "Kids" site.

Guess it's time for me to head to Doo Talk or somewhere else.
This place sucks now.

I used to defend their right to make decisions on banning and changes to the site because it is, afterall, their site.
Chris, you've gone WAAAAY too far and turned this into a lame site.:mad:

see ya over at dootalk

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
I for one think there has been some good improvments around here. A little better organized............going to take some getting used too!

This whole bargraph thing is over the top........................

Chris if your not the one calling the shots, remind those who are, who actually uses this site ! For the vast majority we could give a rats #$^ how many points someone has.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Nikolai;1721229 Reputation just causes people to make thousands of useless posts.[/QUOTE said:
And that is EXACTLY WHY I installed this new system.

You can NOT WHORE this system.
The scores you see displayed must be EARNED by your real activity on SnoWest.

The REP POINTS system had been so abused as to make it utterly worhtless.

This system takes into account EVERYTHING YOU DO on the site that contributes to the over all well being of SnoWest.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This whole bargraph thing is over the top.........................
I feel like a broken record as I keep saying the same thing over and over and over again.

If you would just be a little bit PATIENT you will find that your CHOICES on many of the Mods we are installing will begin to appear.

Please, please, 10,000 times please.

BEAR WITH ME as we go through the process of UPGRADING the entire site.

Give me a couple weeks before you put my neck in the Guillotine and drop the blade on everything I am trying to do here.

Is that really asking too much???

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I don't see the reason to have ANY reputation system. Why? What is sole purpose of having reputation? How does is benefit the owners of snowest? Please educate me. The forum operated for years without rep and it was great. Now we'll just get "max thanks" threads from the same people who max rep.

B

Boondock

Oct 4, 2001
Colorado
www.snowest.com
Yep asking way to much!!! Hahaha

We will see what comes of it. Seems like Harris is trying to make more money by advertising by getting more hits as everyone is confused as everything gets moved around. More clicks = more traffic. :rolleyes:

Premium Features