• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 husky fx450 front suspension

Y
Oct 10, 2018
Sargents, CO
Hi guys. Stoked for the upcoming winter. I went ahead and bought a new weapon for this season. A 19 husky fx450. This is a dedicated build. A question for those who are running the ktm/husky air fork. Are you guys happy with the performance of the stock fork? I have some options but like how light the stock front end is. I also own a 17 husky 501. I was considering swapping the air fork from the fx and putting it on the 501. I have snowbike specific springs for the 501 forks. Do you guys who currently ride air think I should swap the front end?

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
Kreft Revalve Control for the AER is a great snowbike air fork. 215Psi and cranked to Pro SX settings is really nice. it's 1000 bucks though. Same cost as the TRIO.

That said, the explor fork with valving by Brockstar and .60 springs would be a great full time snowbike fork

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
We have 2 guys here running just the stock fork with more pressure and clickers adjusted to suit with good results , so far none of them has blown out the seals.
If you want to spend serious money just go trio and have the base fork stock.

Bike Balance rider positioning (peg and bar set up) --- first -- set up for proper transfer on the rear end -- second --- than balance out the rest by dealing the fork. I usually start with cranking in the compression dampening first and see where it gets me to before going to heavier springs -- in your case a bit extra air is easy. If everything is set up properly you may not need crazy stiff forks.

That is just my experience. The snowlike rear end kicks like a Mule if you do not have transfer and balance right and drives all that energy straight into the front end.

If you read dirt bike Magazine and they talk about the stinkbugs feel of some bikes that is what they are talking about to tall and stiff out back overpowering the forks.

Premium Features