• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boots

B
My wife just bought me the boots for our anniversary today.

I'll have to see if I will keep them or not as the Revit Discovery boots I have worked perfectly last winter, waterproof, BOA, protection and never cold.

I might return them and add another $500 for the Klim Locha one-piece suit.

D
Nov 22, 2017
You are totally missing the point of them. It's not a comfort thing, it's protection. I can huck a 100' in summer in DC skate shoes if my landing is right but when you case or overshoot it's nice to be wearing moto boots. Same applies with these. Sooner or later you will tag a stump or rock with your foot and these will at least give you a fighting chance. You invest 25k in a bike... invest a fraction of that in gear that will keep you riding and paying the bills instead of laid up on the couch nursing a broken ankle.

Fully waterproof is also huge. I've spent 2 seperate nights on the mountain due to break downs. If you ever have to hunker down for the night, being dry is very important. Can mean the difference between a chilly inconvenient camp out and possibly not making it through the night.

I get it... the cost sucks but backcountry is no place for gear meant for going to check the mail.

right on, being dry is priority #1 in the winter imho. It's even more important then crash protection, a borken ankle really sucks but you may not die from it, if wet and cold enough hyoptermia can set in as little as 20 minutes. And waterproof isn't the only thing to protect from you need to minimize sweating too, so you need breathable socks/boots as well. Too many guys get out there in many layers and non technical materials get sweating trying to unstuck a sled then get extremely cold once they stop moving

MtnMoto

Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2016
I was using Klim Adrenaline snowmobile boots for a couple years until last season when my riding buddy caught his foot on a stump and broke 4 bones in the mid foot and dislocated 4 toes. It hit his foot just below the ankle and there isn't much protection there. These new Klim Havoc boots look equally unprotected along the top of the foot and ankle. A friend recommended using my old telemark ski boots (Scarpa T1 model), which are all plastic shell with a heat moldable removable liner, rubber sole and have a flexible toe bellow and a releasable walk mode allowing movement at the ankle. It took a few rides to get comfortable with them but now I love them. The telemark toe piece is easy to hook under the shift lever and I just repositioned the lever up a little bit to make it more comfortable. They are water proof and the liner is plenty warm. It is nice to be able to pull the liners out and dry them out. The full plastic shell is bomber and provides all the needed protection. They are taller than the Adrenaline boot so there is no gap between the boot and my knee/shin protection. Lots of them available on ebay $35 and up. Probably find them at a used gear store or ski swap cheap too.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Protection is my main objective, we had one guy here loose a toe and a couple broken ankles. Just as in the dirt proper boots is the most important safety gear you can wear besides a helmet. The Klim boot is a first effort —- we really need a insulated full on Moto boot

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I recently received my Havoc boots. They are definitely a big improvement over my adrenaline Boots. Much stiffer and offer a lot more protection. Maybe not as much as normal moto boot but a reasonable compromise IMO. They seem like they will be warm I hope the last as well as my 10 year old adrenalins did.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I've looked at the Havoc boots and tried them on, but to me they don't look like they are quite there yet protection wise yet. Although a bit more money the Alpine Stars Toucan looks like more boot to me. Anybody who rides the Toucan, are they warm enough for snow biking, my feet get cold. Being able to run double duty as an ADV boot makes the price difference for the Toucan easier to swallow.

M5

R
Apr 18, 2016
I own the Toucans and they are warm, they offer decent protection, but I will not recommend them. I had one of the straps break where it is sewn to the boot, it basically ripped right there. I called up Alpinestars and they did a warranty repair. I got them back and it lasted long enough for me to put on the boot and attach the strap. As soon as I flipped the buckle it broke again. I looked at the repair and it appears they superglued the strap back on...no sewing. I called them back up and they said you get one warranty repair and thats it. So now I have a $500 set of boots with a blown out strap that I wrap with duct tape....Total BS and it has me so pissed that I bought a set of Garne' when I needed to replace My Alpinestar Tech 8's and I will never buy another Alpinestar product again in my life, I will discourage people from buying their products every chance I get...I have been successful with discouraging 4 pairs locally, just discouraged a buddy possibly last night who lives in Arizona...it's my personal quest to cost them sales.

Sorry for the rant, The boot is warm and comfy, make your own decision but the straps are far from robust and the warranty work is beyond crappy and an absolute embarrassment.

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
I have used Alpinestars in the past on dirt, but was never totally satisfied with fit, comfort, etc.. Went to Fox and more recently to O'neal. I grabbed an entry level pair of O'neals last year one size too big and put an extra layer of socks with a Gore-Tex sock over top. Was happy with the results. Still have the protection I want without giving up warmth and feel. Will see how the second season goes...

B
I just got my Klim Havoc GTX boots, they were an anniversary present and I did not want to like them but I LOVE them.

Again, the Revit Discovery boots were perfect all last winter, waterproof, warm, protective and they are also my dirtbike boots with the BOA system and Outdry, easy-on, and easy off.

The Havoc are every bit as good with the BOA adjuster on the back of the boot as opposed to being behind the tongue on the Revit's. The boot as LOT more insulation than the Discovery's so they will be a lot warmer, which is a good thing, they are also beefier over all with a thicker sole with even better traction and even a siped sole like snow tires have, they are Michelin soles after all so I think they will also make great winter boots. All it takes to get them on and off are the big velcro flap to the outside of the side of the boot and the boots have every bit as much protection as my dirt-boots, maybe just a little less on the toe as compared to my Revit's but as I'm in the snow, I'm not worried about it at all.

The pictures everywhere online don't do them justice and I got the black. I'm not a fan of square-toed shoes/boots but the shape of the boots is fantastic. They are going to be keepers and will be lasting a long while as they will be my dedicated snow boots.

Premium Features