• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Timbersled Ambassors

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Hi guys I'll start off this thread so there's a common place for the Timbersled Ambassors to introduce themselves.

My goal here is to connect the dots between riders and official company information. Each Ambassor will be in a specific geographic area and every one of us will have a different knowledge base.

I've been a selected for the 2019 season and hope to help get more people out on the snow safely this winter. If you are an Ambassor post up and specify where you are located so if it's a ride area specific question it can be directed to the right person.

I'm located just outside of Vancouver, BC and generally ride within a 3 hr drive of Vancouver.

I typically ride long days where I go long distances. Jumping isn't my specialty as I've got a fake hip I'm hoping to keep operational until I'm much older.

Thanks for your time! Be be safe this winter above all else.

Thanks

Jon Mutiger

T
Jan 19, 2008
Kootenays
Not sure if your answering any tech questions as your role as an ambassador John?
Thought id put a few questions out here that I've been curious about.

Would the new 129 Aro Rails be compatible with a Raw kit if one were interested in stretching a Raw to a 129?

Do the Aro LE models with the QS3 shocks have the same shocks between the 120 and 137 models. Specifically valving or are they different for each length?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Not sure if your answering any tech questions as your role as an ambassador John?
Thought id put a few questions out here that I've been curious about.

Would the new 129 Aro Rails be compatible with a Raw kit if one were interested in stretching a Raw to a 129?

Do the Aro LE models with the QS3 shocks have the same shocks between the 120 and 137 models. Specifically valving or are they different for each length?

The rails have different suspension mounting holes from the raw to the aro 129.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Has anyone made a different adjustable chain tentioner or a way to run different primary sprockets? Im between links so there is only one gearing option

Are you talking ARO or older style timbersled?

(Aro has enough adjustment)

Regarding older TS.

There are different sprockets available for the kit which may make the difference on using a larger or smaller primary sprocket.

17 and 20 in keyed.

17-18-20 in splined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
DOC performance in Edmonton makes a nice slider tensioner for the style before the aro. Haven’t talked to him since I sold mine. Good dude

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Hi Neil,

I'll try my best to get the information that's asked in an accurate way.

Looking at the parts diagrams online, they call out the same QS3 shock, as seen here : http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp

If that doesn't link directly to the fisch just pick a model / year combo.

If it's the same part number between st and LT then it's the same thing. It might sound strange but when you get down to it it's kind of like buying a new truck with 2 tire package options. The shocks don't generally change. If the springs were to change then I'd say it'd be a good idea to revalve as that's in essence what the shock is controlling.

Hopefully that helps, not just you but anyone looking for diagrams ect.

Jon

Premium Features