• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 yeti recalls?

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
I have a 2018 yeti 129ss
I was wondering what the recalls are for this kit. So far I have seen the Service Bulletin SB024
"Verification of torque applied to brake caliper assembly bolts and brake pads assembly bolts on
MY2018 YETI SnowMX models."

Are there any other issues or recalls on this model anyone know? I tried to call yeti but they were not sure without my vin and my bike is still in storage.

N
Dec 18, 2015
These are the following Service Bulletins we dealt with last season... it was a painful season but we had excellent support from Camso for interim fixes, warranty support and still now as we prepare 2018 customer bikes for this season.

In my opinion most of these issues were inherited supplier quality issues in addition to assembly issues due to the relocation from Yeti to Camso. From our experience Camso put some serious effort and $$$ to get this all straightened out. I would put it out there that in my opinion that without the CAMSO purchase and investment it would have been a very VERY difficult year for Yeti business and customers.

1) SB016 - Ski Deformation January 16th 2018
Installation of new Front Ski Skag
Warranty replacement of Ski Base if cracked
Check with your local dealer regarding 2019 Ski replacement policy.

2) SB017 - 120SS/129SS Belt Drive Alignment - January 26th 2018
Installation of new bearing and alignment of belt drive.
Needs to be done at dealer required specific Yeti Alignment Tools.

3) SB018 - Rail Tip Replacement - January 31st 2018
Installation of New Rail Tip.

4) SB021 - Brake Bleeder Valve Replacement - February 9th 2018
Install new Brake Bleeder Valve.

Possible Warranty - check brake bleeder valve hole / thread - replacement of brake caliper side. So far we had 2 out of 25 with thread damage that needed replacement.

5) SB024 - Brake Caliper Assembly Torque Service - July 5th 2018
Check torque of caliper assembly, brake pads and installation Bolts
Possible Warranty - replacement of brake pads with premature wear.

I have been through other company transitions that didn't go as well.... 2016/17 we dealt with another companies metal fatigue issues, cracked welds and an almost 100% failure rate of Rails after 100hrs. It was expensive for us and customers and took a very long time to recieve the replacement parts we had to purchase!!!.

For YetiMX I can't speak highly enough of CAMSO's efforts to mitigate the impact to customers and dealers.

Upgrades
Check with your dealer it is also possible to upgrade the brake with the new 2019 brake cover and rotor. Also the suspension shaft bolts and torque specs have changed on the 2019 model so probably also worth upgrading those to bring your kit inline with the 2019 spec.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Here is another Yeti dealer who knows his stuff!!!

Nisko, you should give a little info on you company and who you are? You obviously know you the Yeti product and can help customers. Thank you for sharing. I was going to do the same rundown when I saw this post.

the SB017 ane SB024 2018 129SS only are the most important.

These are all Service Bulletins, not Recalls. SB's are published to dealers to give them a heads up of what the manufacture is seeing out in the field, and what to keep an eye on, with upgraded product to solve problems. Being in the snow bike industry for 6 seasons now, I have never see a manufacture produce TSB's. It is AWESOME!!!! This business it really coming around and making things great for the end user. Now before I am corrected my last year as a TS dealer was production year 2016. I think they are publishing TSB's to there dealers now.

As far as Yeti/Camso buy out, the transition is behind all of us and things are rocking. Camso is getting better every day and I think that dealer/customer support is better today than when Yeti was a small company. Great Times Ahead!!!!

These are the following Service Bulletins we dealt with last season... it was a painful season but we had excellent support from Camso for interim fixes, warranty support and still now as we prepare 2018 customer bikes for this season.

In my opinion most of these issues were inherited supplier quality issues in addition to assembly issues due to the relocation from Yeti to Camso. From our experience Camso put some serious effort and $$$ to get this all straightened out. I would put it out there that in my opinion that without the CAMSO purchase and investment it would have been a very VERY difficult year for Yeti business and customers.

1) SB016 - Ski Deformation January 16th 2018
Installation of new Front Ski Skag
Warranty replacement of Ski Base if cracked
Check with your local dealer regarding 2019 Ski replacement policy.

2) SB017 - 120SS/129SS Belt Drive Alignment - January 26th 2018
Installation of new bearing and alignment of belt drive.
Needs to be done at dealer required specific Yeti Alignment Tools.

3) SB018 - Rail Tip Replacement - January 31st 2018
Installation of New Rail Tip.

4) SB021 - Brake Bleeder Valve Replacement - February 9th 2018
Install new Brake Bleeder Valve.

Possible Warranty - check brake bleeder valve hole / thread - replacement of brake caliper side. So far we had 2 out of 25 with thread damage that needed replacement.

5) SB024 - Brake Caliper Assembly Torque Service - July 5th 2018
Check torque of caliper assembly, brake pads and installation Bolts
Possible Warranty - replacement of brake pads with premature wear.

I have been through other company transitions that didn't go as well.... 2016/17 we dealt with another companies metal fatigue issues, cracked welds and an almost 100% failure rate of Rails after 100hrs. It was expensive for us and customers and took a very long time to recieve the replacement parts we had to purchase!!!.

For YetiMX I can't speak highly enough of CAMSO's efforts to mitigate the impact to customers and dealers.

Upgrades
Check with your dealer it is also possible to upgrade the brake with the new 2019 brake cover and rotor. Also the suspension shaft bolts and torque specs have changed on the 2019 model so probably also worth upgrading those to bring your kit inline with the 2019 spec.

N
Dec 18, 2015
Niseko Snowbike Adventures

Toby

We are located in Niseko which is on the north island of Hokkaido in Japan.

Start advert blurb now!....
The best consistent powder snow in the world!... :p We have some of the highest seasonal snowfall totals of any resort globally and if you consider our season is short Dec / Jan /Feb / March then chance of fresh daily snowfall is very high.

You can google some stuff on why our powder is good!... in short cold air off Siberian hits warm sea air... lands as snow etc.

Also we get powder snow down to sea level - Low altitude also means more power for the bikes and better endurance for the riders..
End blurb!....

We run tours and import YetiMX for Japan.

Non of our customers are likely to read or take part in this forum so I don't really advertise contact details on my posts.

Non the less this forum is a good way to connect to see whats happening elsewhere and if it aligns with our local experience.

I had this information ready as we are currently in the process of getting all our customer bikes ready for the season.. so I just had to cut and paste... glad to help.

Our info is as follows

https://www.nisekosnowbikeadventures.com
https://www.facebook.com/nisekosnowbikes/
https://www.instagram.com/nisekosnowbike/
https://www.yetisnowmxjapan.com

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Toby

We are located in Niseko which is on the north island of Hokkaido in Japan.

Start advert blurb now!....
The best consistent powder snow in the world!... :p We have some of the highest seasonal snowfall totals of any resort globally and if you consider our season is short Dec / Jan /Feb / March then chance of fresh daily snowfall is very high.

You can google some stuff on why our powder is good!... in short cold air off Siberian hits warm sea air... lands as snow etc.

Also we get powder snow down to sea level - Low altitude also means more power for the bikes and better endurance for the riders..
End blurb!....

We run tours and import YetiMX for Japan.

Non of our customers are likely to read or take part in this forum so I don't really advertise contact details on my posts.

Non the less this forum is a good way to connect to see whats happening elsewhere and if it aligns with our local experience.

I had this information ready as we are currently in the process of getting all our customer bikes ready for the season.. so I just had to cut and paste... glad to help.

Our info is as follows

https://www.nisekosnowbikeadventures.com
https://www.facebook.com/nisekosnowbikes/
https://www.instagram.com/nisekosnowbike/
https://www.yetisnowmxjapan.com
Very nice . interesting ever the Japanese don't use the heavy bikes made in Japan, Great choice,,

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
If you have not broken the ski yet, do the update with the new skag. They are a real bear to ride out with a broken ski.

ldzielak

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2017
Cumberland, BC, Canada
SB016

Anyone have pictures of this bulletin and/or of new VS old skag? I got the 2018 ski I was told (Don't have another to compare it with) but didn't have problems last season. Before this season started my dealer called and was told they will replace the ski if it cracks. Wish I would have read this first and asked for a new skag. Any info would be helpful, sorry to drag up a dead horse.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Anyone have pictures of this bulletin and/or of new VS old skag? I got the 2018 ski I was told (Don't have another to compare it with) but didn't have problems last season. Before this season started my dealer called and was told they will replace the ski if it cracks. Wish I would have read this first and asked for a new skag. Any info would be helpful, sorry to drag up a dead horse.

The 18 skag has no bar in the front, Ski will crack at the front of skag , 18 ski with upgraded skag has round bar in the front, 19 ski has flat bar go goes toward the ski tip.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
The 18 skag has no bar in the front, Ski will crack at the front of skag , 18 ski with upgraded skag has round bar in the front, 19 ski has flat bar go goes toward the ski tip.

Hey B, show us a pic of 19 ski please.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Hey B, show us a pic of 19 ski please.

This is an 18 Yeti ski with the SB long slag update.

87a4c86d2c84c7bbce656a6779062c96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
Nov 29, 2018
2019 yeti recalls?

Let me say first, I agree yeti did a good job with their 2018 bullitin parts delivery/dealer support. Second, the info below could all change, I was made aware of it at a dealer.

I just heard about a problem with the 2019 front a-arms breaking at the upper shock mount. Gladly they are rushing the replacement parts manufacturing, sadly that means the temporary replacements will be made of steel. Only the 2019 models are affected.

Last edited:
Premium Features