• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR riders - anyone go to Pro then back to IQR

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
As we all know the IQR went from being the hot ticket to a dead in terms of the forum anyway. has anyone gone from their IQR to a Pro then back to their IQR?

I still miss my sled and if i had more time to ride i'd have a 144" iqr mtn sled for spring time riding and a spare sled. but i dont so its just the pro.

E
Jan 4, 2013
I have several short track IQR's that I off trail with and race. I have friends who have Pro Rmk's. The Pro's have way way too many problems for a stock consumer sled. The IQR is bullet proof with endless possibilities. When setup correctly they will be like a Pro minus paneling out more on side hilling. The pro is a fad where everyone has to have one. I have read elsewhere a couple times where guys regretted selling there's for a pro.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I have both sleds, and both have their purpose. For all around MTN riding I will take the Pro chassis over the IQr anyday, the pro is so balanced and and flat out works. For spring riding,jumping,flatland riding the IQr is a blast. If I could only have one sled it would be a Pro as most of my miles are in the MTNs.

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
I've spent many days on pros, I could ride one for a day at any time, they work well but I like my Mtn converted iqr's much better. They have a lower center of gravity which makes them a better fit for me and the ergo's are better and I'd rather sit at home then ride trail.

I just sold one my 155" iqr to a friend who rides a pro 155 and he now wants to ditch the pro and get another iqr. He has me looking for one for him, trying to trade his pro for one.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I've spent many days on pros, I could ride one for a day at any time, they work well but I like my Mtn converted iqr's much better. They have a lower center of gravity which makes them a better fit for me and the ergo's are better and I'd rather sit at home then ride trail.

I just sold one my 155" iqr to a friend who rides a pro 155 and he now wants to ditch the pro and get another iqr. He has me looking for one for him, trying to trade his pro for one.

Interesting... I have a buddy with an IQR in Boise that might be interested in a trade like that.

My Iqr was pretty dialed and I thought it handled well but based on some of the iqrs I've ridden there were a lot of guys that didn't have the suspension set up properly and may have unfairly turned people off to them.

E
Jan 4, 2013
Yes there were a lot of Mountain converted IQR's that were pieced together. If one was done correctly they handled amazing. The IQR is super simple and the strongest chassis out there. Rock a ez ryde, zbroz front end and run a carbed 800 with an atacc and it will bring smiles forever.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
I run a very well setup IQr with a Van Emburg, EZRyde, and a 43" zBroz hooked to Exit triple rate shocks and love it. When I first get on a PRO, I immediately complain about not having a wide ProTaper handle bar setup. The narrower stance of the PRO seems to help a lot in the Mountains, but I would probalby ditch the sway bar. Coincidently you would see me lean towards an Assault as I think they have a far more durable setup compared to an RMK/PRO. I'm sure I'll have a PRO of some sort for a back up sled by next Spring or the following Fall. As said before me, I prefer the IQr ergonomics. When I find a PRO in my garage, I will swap the bars for sure and adjust height accordingly. Another thing I don't like about them is the factory track options and would probably invest in a 3 inch PC or Challenger. The PRO is very well balanced and has a good factory setup. With the stance and narrower side panels down low, I would probably agree that the PRO is intended for climbing and side hilling and does a lil better there but an IQr you can bash the living f out of jumping and boondocking. Choose what you like to do more and and go with that chassis but you can't go wrong with either one. :devil:

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
Interesting... I have a buddy with an IQR in Boise that might be interested in a trade like that.

My Iqr was pretty dialed and I thought it handled well but based on some of the iqrs I've ridden there were a lot of guys that didn't have the suspension set up properly and may have unfairly turned people off to them.

Tell me more about the iqr your buddy has.

Had to spend the last week on a pro and wanted my iqr back the whole time! I don't know how guys can hop over those tall seats all day. They just feel so tall and clunky. Were as the iqr has a low center of gravity and feels very planted and predictable. I'd rather ride a poorly set up iqr.

Last edited:
I
Dec 26, 2014
what's atacc

Yes there were a lot of Mountain converted IQR's that were pieced together. If one was done correctly they handled amazing. The IQR is super simple and the strongest chassis out there. Rock a ez ryde, zbroz front end and run a carbed 800 with an atacc and it will bring smiles forever.

What is atacc????

Premium Features