• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dear Polaris, you have lost another one

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
seems to me if I had one out of warranty, I'd sleeve that sucker and get aftermarket pistons. Less distortion and good clearance.

But can someone tell me how Polaris gets away with selling you new parts that are out of spec???

I know poo is a big company, but when a part new in the box is out of spec..

Seems to me that anywhere else this would be a slam-dunk??

RS

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
yeah its complete bs what polaris is doing. they are just waiting for warrenty to expire so they can say sol.

the phazer was a 92 485 bender single and a 136x15x 1 3/16" paddle lol. it was a screamer and man did i turn some heads runnin around there where all the big boys were going lol. maby ill post a vid later

Remember the 600 triple?

I had Polaris sleds all my life. Purchased a 93 XLT special (Used) and burned down that engine twice. Figured it was a lemon, fixed it after each burndown and then sold it.

Then comes 1996 with the XCR 600. Bought it brand new. Blew that motor three times, and since it was under warranty Polaris rebuilt it three times.

Back then they had issues on some motors with slag in the journals on the PTO side. They even told me about this known issue.

Then 4 days out of warranty, the motor burns down again (By the way, this was a 100% stock motor).

I talk to my dealer, he goes to Polaris and they say "Ummm sorry this sled is out of warranty, too bad" (4 days out of warranty on a known, well documented issue)

I keep calling, getting more and more disgusted with the reseponse I was getting (And a few customer service people hanging up on me)........

Instead of fixing the root cause, the out waited me to the end of the warranty, and cast me off..........

I told them they just lost a loyal Polaris customer,, and there would be no way I would ever come back.

That was 16 years ago and I have never owned another Polaris and never will.

If it would have been Cat, Doo, Yammie, I would have dones the same thing.......

Not only did they lose my business, but all my buddies, upon hearing of this, all ride "Non Polaris" sleds to this day......

It is far more costly to not take care of customers with warranty.

We are talking about $11+K investments, were not buying $.02 water balloons and expecting decent warranty performance...........

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
So Ragin did you buy a new Pro or a Pro Climb? If you bought another Polaris you get what ya get. We don't want to hear another long winded Polaris bash thread when the crank goes.

And 2XM3, what did they change on the Pro motors to make you change your mind? Thicker cylinder walls that actually fit the case or what?

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
So Ragin did you buy a new Pro or a Pro Climb? If you bought another Polaris you get what ya get. We don't want to hear another long winded Polaris bash thread when the crank goes.

And 2XM3, what did they change on the Pro motors to make you change your mind? Thicker cylinder walls that actually fit the case or what?

well....yeah i did buy a Pro RMK but i have Pro climb plastic on it :S i couldnt sell my sled outright for a decent price and Carls was the only dealer around that would take em on trade due to all the issues and they gave me 5k for mine...so i bought a pro because i LOVE the chassis and it had 3 years of warrenty left. if i have ONE problem with this thing its gone and i will never touch a polaris again lol. if i would have been able to sell mine for a decent price i would have went with another brand.....HERE IS YOUR LAST CHANCE POLARIS....MAKE IT A GOOD ONE

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
as far as we can tell, changes to the motor have been, pistons,cylinder,case,bearings and on course a totally different fuel system. As outlined above the 800 4cfi just has way to many inherent problems to ever be a reliable engine. Oh and i've never seen a 800 4ci crank have a problem, the only thing is if the pto bearing fails and thats usually from crap in the bearing on early motors or the normal pistons breaking skirts off...lmao

B

bigfeet

Oct 30, 2011
08 800 dragon with scored piston

so its not even worth fixing my dragon even tho it runs great right now and put the pms fix in it ? it will still blow up anyway ? can you tell me what i can do to my 08 with 08 cylinder and head that still runs good and make it last ??? or not lol?????????? the cylinder can be honed and new pistons but what else will help this 800 stay together

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
so its not even worth fixing my dragon even tho it runs great right now and put the pms fix in it ? it will still blow up anyway ? can you tell me what i can do to my 08 with 08 cylinder and head that still runs good and make it last ??? or not lol?????????? the cylinder can be honed and new pistons but what else will help this 800 stay together

PMS claims they have over 600 fix kits in the field with zero piston skirt failures. I will be advising all my customers to get this fix kit before a failure occurs and causes major damage.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana

Why not bitch its not ok with me to let these things slide ive been in his shoes before it sucks the only thing that keeps polaris people coming back is the chassis, why would someone want an underpowerd tempermental POS. The more this gets out the better off we as a consumer will be if we want to keep purchaseing polairs

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
correct chassis is by far the best out there, pro engines aOk so far, no issues.

And if for some reason this motor goes away, its gettin a slp/polaris 903, figure it would run good with 204 hp (and I;ve got 3 of them sittin here...lol)

Last edited:
Premium Features