• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Top 10 Polaris 800 RMK Mods.. Dragons or Base Models

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Eric,

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Interestingly it was Dustin @ SLP that insisted the FAT part of the pipe location:confused: for the O-2 sensor, ditto on the 10:00/2:00 position, not looking to debate, just want to get it right the first time, looking to install the PC-5/Autotune setup on my D-7, (no turbo)

It would be easier for me to copy your 0-2 location, wouldn't have to mess with the heat shield.

Just ceramic coat the pipe and can. On that turbo motor the faster you can move the exhaust to the turbo and the faster you can get them to exit the better off you are. That would probably control under the hood temps much better as well. If it were me I would probably consider ceramic coating the hot side of the turbo.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
My plan of attack on an Assault for now:

1. Better boards
2. SLP can (will pass Colorado noise checks next year)
3. Ceramic coat the OEM pipe (Extreme's dynos show almost no gain on most pipes)
4. Vents
5. Leaving the WE alone for now
6. Updates on the motor and rails

For now that is what will happen.

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
Just ceramic coat the pipe and can.

Off topic but I have a question since it was mentioned:

I had my stock pipe ceramic coated and paired it with SLP's can on my 700. Any benefit or detriment to putting the stock clam shell back on the ceramic coated pipe? I know it's not doing any good sitting on my self.

Harrysmith: Derek at TCP must be happy to see you. They're doing a lot of stuff for you. They are top notch. Also, you'll be happy with the Feeethookers. I've had a hard season on them and they have been great. I got them for the same reason you did.

Last edited:
S

Shred Master

Mar 14, 2008
heres my top few which are all coming for my 700 dragon

1. boondocker turbo
2.timbersled mt. tamer skid
3.timbersled bark buster front end
4.fox float evol x front shocks or walker evan needles
5.fire n ice head light delete kit
6.turbo pipe
7. have updated 09 front end
8.slp slt skis
9. lots of venting has been done already
10.custom graphics by scs

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
Yes I have known derek for a long time, at least 7 years. He has answered some very good questions for me here recently and TCP has always treated me with a lot of respect. Even when I was 13 years old and going in there to get a screw for the Rack on the sportsman my dad bought me, they treat me with the same respect now even after all the sleds we have bought there.

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
Off topic but I have a question since it was mentioned:

I had my stock pipe ceramic coated and paired it with SLP's can on my 700. Any benefit or detriment to putting the stock clam shell back on the ceramic coated pipe? I know it's not doing any good sitting on my self.

Harrysmith: Derek at TCP must be happy to see you. They're doing a lot of stuff for you. They are top notch. Also, you'll be happy with the Feeethookers. I've had a hard season on them and they have been great. I got them for the same reason you did.

I have never heard of anyone putting that clam shell back on. You could try it out and let us know :)

I'm excited to install my Feet Hookers, I got them in the mail yesterday and will install them next wednesday. I go the Digital camo, but I think my overlay got smeared, but I'll just live with it.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Better Boards are #1.

I am even doing them before a can. The cheese grater boards on the Polaris are pretty cheap and will bend along with shred your boots.

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
15831_556400736591_29008462_32581644_6095255_n.jpg

HID mod complete

P
Jan 14, 2009
Cascade, ID
08/700 RMK
The first thing I did was remove the foam under the hood and add side, tower, and top vents. The temp decrease was noticable.
Risers made the ride comfortable and turns perfect. 6" for me at 5'10"
RSI scratchers are a must
Snow Eliminator boards. These work great for me although I do admit sometimes they do hold my boot when I want to move it. Anything is better than stock boards.
Timbersled air kit. I am not sure this did much for the sled but I feel better about more air flow. I did notice over the summer, the filter is being pushed to the side a little by the hood.
Treedog bumper. My sled has an attraction to pine.
Zero Pro shocks done at Carls.
SLP Performance Can and Pipe from Carls.
Clutch weights and springs.
I was recommended to leave gearing oem unless I really need a little more bottom end.
Also, recommended that PC is a luxury expense that is not needed. The whole PC thing is attractive but is it really needed for our sleds? I am not sold and there seems to be a lot of mixed opionions about it here. It makes sense with a turbo.

I like the additional coverage your skinz bumper adds.

Your sled looks good and clean for now...

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
i think i makes sense if you can control the EFI and if you can tune the box.
if you tune your hardware you should be able also to tune your software to have a 100% perfect sled.

08/700 RMK

Also, recommended that PC is a luxury expense that is not needed. The whole PC thing is attractive but is it really needed for our sleds? I am not sold and there seems to be a lot of mixed opionions about it here. It makes sense with a turbo.

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
I like the side vents from 2 cool. They are like $100 and provide a huge amount of venting. Some guys (Ron) in particular like the shock tower vents and then the foot panel vents. I like cool temps everywhere, but the 700 probably doesn't need it unless your a big dog like me :).

I like vents on anything though. I even put vents on my 2002 rmk 800.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
08/700 RMK
The first thing I did was remove the foam under the hood and add side, tower, and top vents. The temp decrease was noticable.
Snow Eliminator boards. These work great for me although I do admit sometimes they do hold my boot when I want to move it. Anything is better than stock boards.
Timbersled air kit. I am not sure this did much for the sled but I feel better about more air flow. I did notice over the summer, the filter is being pushed to the side a little by the hood.
I was recommended to leave gearing oem unless I really need a little more bottom end.

On the bold, I used my Dremel tool to grind the 4 front cleats down to about a quarter inch on my Snow Eliminators. They work much better now, my feet don't get stuck in the footwells!!

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
TCP bumper

08/700 RMK

it's actually a TCP bumper....

Premium Features