• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carrying extra Fuel

C
Dec 3, 2007
I have a question for all of you that carry extra fuel on the backs of your sleds. Have you had any problems with the the fuel can damaging your sled while going over bumps. I bought myself a 2009 800 Dragon RMK 163 and and wondered if 2 gallons of fuel would cause the rear to flex and bend. I've moved the fuel as close to my seat as I could but was wondering if anyone has bent their frame?

K

kevsled59

Dec 13, 2007
Extra fuel

I have a 08 D7 and carry a 2 gallon gas can and haven't had any problems.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
No problems yet here either. 2200 kms last winter and still a straight tunnel, & no letting up in the woops either.

gerrman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Canada
No problem at all. Have carried either a 10, 15 or a 25 liter(big mile day) last year on my D8 155. I always carry at least 10 liters every day out. Tunnel is fine.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
I never notice the 2.5 gal can on my 900 RMK.
I did carry a friends 5 gal once. That had me concerned. I could really feel it back there. I was more concerned about sacking my shocks and springs.

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
14.5 clear.... That sounds cool! Have you seen one, where did they make it bigger? Any idea of cost?

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
My son has his last football game on Saturday so I really will only be going as a spectator on Sunday with the family. Been a crazy kid summer!!

SCAN0001.JPG

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
I carried the standard polaris 2.5 gallon can for over 1500 miles last year with zero problems.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Up here most of us pack atleast one 6 and at times two 6's. with one 6 you can usually get away with it on a stock sled as long as you don't hammer it too hard, too many times. To pack the 2 6's most of us will add some bracing inside the tunnel to prevent trouble. So if you are only goiong to pack a 2.5, strap it on and forget about it.

The tank will be on the CoBe Motorsports sled in the Fastrax booth. The tank is made by Trail Tank. I just have the black prototype on it but clear will be available. The tanks will be released in about 6 weeks. More info soon at www.trailtank.net

Mountainhorse and I worked with Seth at Trail Tank to get a large capacity tank for the RMK IQ.

Trail Tank will also have a awesome roto molded 2.5 ga. spare can available soon to replace the discontinued Polaris one. Attached is a cad pic of the spare can I designed for Trail Tank.

gas rack assembly-tt,pic3.jpg

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
14.5g tank, now that's worth buying if it isn't too expensive. Would be nice to see pic's as well Eric, will be waiting for them next week.

I carry a minimum of 6g on the back on the tunnel in the VMI rack. And that tunnel is well braced, see that chrome moly tube on the running boards and bolted to the tunnel? I think I've put a 100lbs on the backend easily also. :)

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Trail Tank will also have a awesome roto molded 2.5 ga. spare can available soon to replace the discontinued Polaris one. Attached is a cad pic of the spare can I designed for Trail Tank.

Is the 2,5ga spare can discontinued over there? They, (Polaris), are advertising for that can in the Swedish/Scandinavian accessory catalogue for -09..... Perhaps that can is no longer approved for gas in the states..... and since Polaris are charging us here in Europe twice the price for everything they ship the leftover junk here..... =)

D
Dec 3, 2007
2.5 sometimes 5

I carry a 2.5 gallon can most of the time, but have carried a 5 gallon on longer rides. I have a vmi rack, that I guess helps strengthen the tunnel.

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
Okay, I looked all over today and didn't see the 14.5:mad:

If there is one out there I want it... HELP!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Dub, it was on the custom turbo Assault in the FasTrax Booth.

Trailtank.jpg

Originally Posted by CoBe:The tank will be on the CoBe Motorsports sled in the Fastrax booth. The tank is made by Trail Tank. I just have the black prototype on it but clear will be available. The tanks will be released in about 6 weeks. More info soon at www.trailtank.net

Premium Features