• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GO PRO or Contour

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
That's like a Nikon vs Canon or a Chevy vs Ford (keep quiet fordtuff) type question. There's a bunch of other threads on this same question. In reality they are both great cameras and have endless capabilities. I personally have gone the GoPro route and have been totally thrilled with it. The new GoPro hero 2 is awesome. They've really listened to consumers and improved the camera a ton. It's got better white balance, and shoots a lot better in low light, 10pfs burst mode etc.

I had a warranty issue lately with the lcd backpack screen. They had great customer service and fixed me up - no questions asked.

So, I'd say go with the GoPro, but there are plenty of other dudes that will say go with the contour... Good luck :)

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Last edited:
D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
For ease of use go with the contour. No guessing, just point, aim and shoot.
And you'll save yourself from the sometimes embarrassing "Go Pro Face" :face-icon-small-win

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
D
Apr 19, 2009
Syracuse, Utah
i went with the gopro simply because the pov is better. up to 170 degrees whereas the countour is 130 i think.

however, contour just released their new model and i believe it is 170deg.

the hero 2 looks nice as well.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
The new contours are 170 degree with a flush face too so the snow doesnt get stuck on the lens. Its too bad I allready have 4 of the older cameras cause I realy want the new ones. Also the bluetooth connect card and being able to adjust the settings on the mountain would be sweet. I think the Contour plus has all those options.

D
Apr 19, 2009
Syracuse, Utah
if you decide to go with the old contour-they are being sold for cheap almost anywhere. hero 1 is down 70 dollars too, i believe.

but if it were me, i would spend a little more and get the better models.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
On the new GoPro 2 you can select in 1080p between 170 or 127 field of view.

snailbait

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Utah
Go Pro 2 options?

I see the go pro 2 has a few different versions,...motorsports, outdoor, surf, etc....what's the difference, besides price? Are there more accessories that you are using, other than what's included? What acc's do you recommend?

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
I see the go pro 2 has a few different versions,...motorsports, outdoor, surf, etc....what's the difference, besides price? Are there more accessories that you are using, other than what's included? What acc's do you recommend?

The different versions just changes the mounts that it comes with. The camera is the exact same for all.

You would want the outdoor version. Used to be called the helmet version. It will come with the right mounts you want.

C
Mar 8, 2011
Utah
The best camera I would say is the GO PRO. It has sturdier mounts that make the video capture clearer than the others. The Countour's and HD170's seem to have a little jello effect to them because of the mounts not being as well built. There is also a lot of MIC noise that comes with the contour and hd170. But again, this is because of the GO PRO's accessories. They are all great camera's. But if you want the most absolute clearest recording in not only video but sound. GO PRO is going to be your best choice.

Premium Features