• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

European Heatwave Breaks Records

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
The headline reads: Europe heatwave breaks records in Germany, Czech Republic as region sizzles

I was just wondering . . .

Is it coincidence that the heat wave is hitting at the same time the Dems all opened their big mouths at the debates?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I don't know, but as a side note... I just got back from 10 days in Italy and I will tell you it was AFRICAN hot there.
Holy crap.

It was never below 70% humidity.

Started out about 85 while we were in Venice. Then it crept up to upper 80s when we got to Pisa and Florence.

Assisi wasn't bad because it rained, and it felt amazing.

Rome was in the low 90s. That was pretty toasty.

Took the bullet train back past Venice, up to Udine and Triesta...98°.

Then we went to Verona. 102.

The last day was in Udine, where is was 106°.

It was pig hot. Instantly sticky.

We had to hike from the train station to our hotel on the last evening before or flight home.
15 minutes of pulling my luggage and wearing a backpack... Just 15 minutes and my shirt was soaked. My wife took a pic... SOAKED.

I haven't sweated that much since my days of being a college mascot in a bear suit or grinding out wrestling practices.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It’s true. You haven’t sweated until you have worn a mascot costume. The alcohol funny car I used to work on was sponshured™️ By Reese, and I agreed to wear the Peanut Butter Cup dude costume at a display we were doing. It wasn’t even that hot, and after 5 minutes I was pretty much soaked like I had gone for a swim. So I believe you it was hot and muggy there.....

During college football games, I treated it like wrestling practice.
Was extremely active and pushed it hard. Loved the grind.
Got nearly the same cardio as wrestling. But achieved the same sweat. Usually lost about 10 pounds of water during the games. To sweat off ten pounds when I was only 5'7" and 130 pounds was a heck of an achievement.

Premium Features