• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber kit on Pro

B
Nov 26, 2007
Central Alberta
Has anyone got there Silber kit yet?? Does it fit?? Did you get instructions??
A buddy got his yesterday and it doesn't fit and there's no instructions.
Justins phone goes directly to voicemail and it says its FULL.

I don't like the sound of this!!!

F

francois

Sep 2, 2010
Quebec, Canada
hard to believe he would send a kit that does not fit! Justin is normally a super nice guy to deal with.

Just to be sure he didn't send you a iq kit, how is the flange for the exhaust? The iq one had to weld on the stock pipe as oppose to the pro where you use the stock pipe with stock springs..

B
Nov 26, 2007
Central Alberta
Managed to get the turbo to fit, but its not perfect. We're kind of fussy!! It runs very close to the brake disc. But again, we have no instructions, so maybe we are missing something.
....and hopefully the fuel controller shows up or we'll be drinking beer in the garage this weekend!!

F

francois

Sep 2, 2010
Quebec, Canada
Im surprised Justin sent you a kit that was not complete. :face-icon-small-dis Sucks for you.

Especially when you are in Canada and everytime you have to wait for a part coming from the states you are pretty much facing a couple days delay because of the customs....

I know what Im talking about, everytime I had to order a part for my clutching it was from the u.s. and I could pay a fortune for expedited shipping but I would still have to wait 2 weeks:face-icon-small-fro

Anyway, hope justin get the parts to you asap!

bmanke

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
We just got our kit. Looks good just beginning install. If yours doesn't fit, did you try and spin turbo on top of oil box? Turbo to pipe fit is tight but really good once it is on.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Central Alberta
We just got our kit. Looks good just beginning install. If yours doesn't fit, did you try and spin turbo on top of oil box? Turbo to pipe fit is tight but really good once it is on.

We got to fit not bad. We may be just picky. Did you get instructions?? If so could byou possibly email to me?? Have you received your fuel controller yet??

bmanke

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
No instructions yet and no controller. I was kinda pushing him to send the turbo asap so we could get a head start, so I knew the fuel controller was probably coming a little bit later. So far pretty straight forward on install.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Justin is in MT right now making sure the fuel map is 100%. He is also very picky and would not send out a controller with mapping that wasn't absolutely perfect.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Correct we have just got back from Montana.

Control boxes are being shipped. And install instructions will be emailed.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Like stated above, everyone was begging for us to ship the kits so we did. Control boxes had to wait until we could make sure they were going to work.

Thanks
Justin Silbernagel

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Justin, as usual, you are on the ball and doing just about whatever you can to keep everyone happy...

Good luck with your kits guys,

and no I do not own a silber kit, nor am I friends with him. LOL!

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Justin... how did everything work in montana? What are your inpressions and comments on the pro with a turbo. What susp mods need doing etc? thnx sj

P

piper

Jan 6, 2008
North of Norway
Hi Justin.. i was trying to mail you but it comes in return..

geting this message: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender..

Kristian

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
In the email link it is hard to see but there is "_" between his first and last name. Justin_silber

Hope that helps.

N

NDflatlander

Nov 21, 2007
Jamestown, ND
I have spoken with Silber a couple times and ride with 2 guys with his kits. Silber is a top notch guy who has stood behind his turbo 100% and gone out of his way to lend the guys any help if they should need it. I'm in the market for a new sled and a fan for it next year. I am looking no where but toward a Silber set up.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Just thought I'd post up my impressions of the Silber kit I've got installed. I also have the controller and instructions now.

The fit and finish of the kit is second to none. All exhaust components have a high quality ceramic coating including the turbo exhaust housing. All the aluminum parts including the elbows, oil tank, charge box, and billet aluminum throttle body boot are all polished. The charge box and billet boot are o-ringed along with being bolted to eachother so there is no way they can blow off under boost and the billet boot is a great idea so that there are no more delaminated cracking boots down the road. The billet boot has fittings predrilled and installed to hook your blowoff valve, boost sensor line, and fuel box sensor line along with a fuel rail and two auxilary injectors. I'm not a fan of installing injectors in a charge tube or charge box for several reasons but I won't get into that here. This is about Justin's kit.

The instructions themselves are very thorough and include plenty of pictures to help with locating various components. Install is a breeze and there is no cutting or drilling of your stock sled parts. The tuning instructions are informative and include octane requirements and clutching recommendations for all elevations and boost levels. The new V3.5 fuel controllers also come with a new solenoid that actuates upon start up so that the controller is recieving a precise ambient air pressure reading for better calibration. Cool stuff!

Overall I'm very impressed and more than satisfied with the kit. It is well thought out and uses very high quality parts. There are some rumors going around that Justin uses sub quality imported turbos and that is why his kits are cheaper than the competition. Let me put that to rest right now. His turbo actually costs him MORE money than the competition's standard 2860rs Garret turbos. The Silber kits come with a Precision Performance Garret turbo with ceramic bearings and billet wheels that are larger than your average 2860 basically making it a 2868 turbine.

I'm hoping to install my fuel controller this week sometime and get some seat time on it this weekend. I will report back and let everyone know what my first impressions are with the performance.

Justin is a stand up guy and takes care of his customers. He is available 90% of the time and the other 10% he's working to make us happy with our turbo experience. Thanks Justin!

SSABMUD

Lifetime Membership
Oct 18, 2010
Red Deer, Alberta
I agree with Hobbes, the fit and finish is exceptional. For the amount of time that he had to put this kit together, I think he did an outstanding job. The wait for the fuel box sucks, but I would rather have that than have the sled run like crap and change the box out afterwards which means pulling the plate off the engine again. Really the only thing that sucks with the kit is the Sunpro boost gauge which is pretty minor. I placed mine in the trash and put in a better one. I am now working on a pod to mount them behind the windshield and get them off the bars. Should have my box today then I am heading to Siccamous to try it out.

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
I have a d7 with a silber kit and I am in Northern Alberta, and I have got nothing but outstanding service from Justin, I would recomend his product to anyone.

bmanke

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Well we got it running and runs pretty good for our first ride out. gonna try something different on the gauges way to hard to read. we were in the trees about 6000ft-9500ft. Not much for areas to hold it wide open and look down at the same time. But really impressed with it so far. pretty snappy in and out of the throttle.

Premium Features