• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drop brackets for 1995 summit?

W
Dec 24, 2011
Does anyone know of a place I could get some drop brackets to fit my 95 summit 670? Ideally I'm looking for some 4-5" brackets.

Thx!

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
I hope you are planning on doing more than jacking up the back of your sled like a 80's camaro with traction bars. You will be creating a ton of ski pressure and will be digging trenches all day long.

W
Dec 24, 2011
I hope you are planning on doing more than jacking up the back of your sled like a 80's camaro with traction bars. You will be creating a ton of ski pressure and will be digging trenches all day long.

Lol good comparison!

No I figured I'd need to figure out a way to level the front out as well. Suggestions are always welcome, I'm a complete noob at sleds in general. The guys I ride with have much more advanced sleds, and with the way the summit I have sits like a lowrider, I get killed any time I get off a trail.

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
You shouldn't be setting that low. Make sure that your spring on the outside of your rear skid are not worn out. I have replaced mine twice over the last couple or years. Depending on your size stiffer springs are available to help keep the height with a load. I just did a slight tunnel mod to the back. I have a 144 track which required a tunnel extension. I just changed it so that the extension is now angled up a couple of degrees. This helps keep the tunnel out of the snow as you dig in. Also where the runner boards meet the tunnel at the back you can trim those almost up to the stock drop down brackets. This will also allow the track to dig a little bit further before the runners start to rest on top of the snow. If you drop down with brackets you may need to relocated some of the other rollers and drivers. This will depend on how far you go. When you start messing with the geometry there are big trade offs to benefits. Have you messed with the limiter straps and shock tension yet? How about gearing to help keep your track spinning. Clutching set up and adjustments are big with these sleds. The list goes on. Just depends on how serious you want to get before you decide to get a newer style sled. I'm kind of at that point right now. I want a newer one by mine is so reliable and paid for that I just can't seem to make the leap to a payment every month. I have mentioned a few things that shouldn't take any money and typically just a little bit of time.

A
Sep 23, 2009
I extended mine to 153" dropped rear three to four inches and dropped front skid mount one and moved back one(move rear hole back inch too). Geared down and clutched, huge difference.

Premium Features