• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Interest in S chassis Drop & Roll kit??

I'm doing another drop and roll from scratch, on my build. I am wondering if there would be interest if I went and developed a D&R kit with templates etc? I know there used to be a few places who made them, but with the S being so old, No one carries them any more.

It would be a little bit of work on my part, making CAD drawings, instructions etc. I have the process down and am making rough templates this time around. Just wondering if it's worth my time and effort? I could see kit price being around $100 range.

I have allways been a DIY person, building from scratch. so I havn;t worked much with kits like this. Any insight would be most helpfull :D

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
That sounds like a very resonable price. I was curious if you knew how much longer a zx chaincase is than a s-2000 chaincase. I have been thinking of getting one and replacing my rolled chaincase for even more clearance but don't know how much I would gain. I know the run a longer chain for the same gear combinations. Thanks if you know.

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
I was curious if you could make a copy of the template of the zx chaincase for me and if you need any compensation for it that would be fine. I am getting ready to tackle installing a zx chaincase in my 97 Summit.
Thanks

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
Have you looked at developing a kit that drops and rolls enough to put the jachshaft in the tunnel since it is the limiting factor with the length of the s chasis chaincase? Just kind of curious on how to get a lot more clearance if I am going to do anything to my sled. I have the zx chaincase but to only gain a little over 1/2 inch I don't know if it is worth the work.

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
Mine has the standard 3/8 and 5/8 roll and a 2.25 track with 9 tooth driver is pretty tight. I guess I will go the zx chaincase route and go from there. Thanks for the info.

2dedge

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2011
Did this ever go any further? Stiill a few dinosaurs out there!

Geoff

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I have a complete S chassis Drop and Roll kit thats a 3/8 5/8 kit not sure what brand but skidoohmx would know came off the sled he sold me I parted it after a failed swap to a tripple and then purchased a Rev Chassis.

Let me know if anyone is interested not sure what its worth.

Wildcard
wildcard28@msn.com

B
Nov 28, 2007
Hey wildcard if you still have that drop and roll kit for an s chassis i would be interested. I work in Lewiston so it would be pretty easy to hook up.

Premium Features