• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Ski-Doo Backcountry Glove

S
Oct 17, 2004
edmonton, ab
that's what i wanted to hear, i switch from 1 pair to another of the tog's. if a guy can get through even some days without a switch that's worth it to me.
although now on my t3 i dont pull on as many skis!!

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
True adventure gear gloves are what I have been using the last two years and I have not yet had to switch gloves through a day. $50 I thought I'd try them out. Best gloves I've ever had and I now use my klim gloves for loading and unloading sleds ! I went back and bought another of the same pair just to have them, haven't had to use them yet.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
so you post a link to the gloves, sounds like you wear them, but you post absolutely no feedback on them.

yup, great post. very informative.
:face-icon-small-dis

Interesting? I made the video. I have worn these gloves for a year as testing and this year as well, my thoughts are in the video? So not sure what your issue is with feedback. I am also a mountain hard wear and columbia athlete for 10 years so I have been using this technology for about 5 years. So yes I wear them, and love them. What else would you like to know? Happy Riding!

D
Oct 22, 2008
Longview WA
Dear Mr. Norona,
What I would like to know as a guy who spring checked a new free ride an only rode twice is, where is the snow? That glove looks sick, way overkill for the 60 degree weather we are having. Next week when I go to Montana to ride, I am bringing shorts. May pick up the gloves too....
Thanks for your time,
Disgruntled sled rider in south west Washington ?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dear Mr. Norona,
What I would like to know as a guy who spring checked a new free ride an only rode twice is, where is the snow? That glove looks sick, way overkill for the 60 degree weather we are having. Next week when I go to Montana to ride, I am bringing shorts. May pick up the gloves too....
Thanks for your time,
Disgruntled sled rider in south west Washington ?

I hear ya, it has been a pretty trying season! We go sweet pow on tuesday then it really warmed up that afternoon, back on wednesday and the low stuff went south and high up had deep fog. I have been getting good stuff only because I have gambled lots and it paid off and being able to go on the day it snows is key it seems. I hope it smartened up for your trip to Montana!!

S
Oct 17, 2004
edmonton, ab
Interesting? I made the video. I have worn these gloves for a year as testing and this year as well, my thoughts are in the video? So not sure what your issue is with feedback. I am also a mountain hard wear and columbia athlete for 10 years so I have been using this technology for about 5 years. So yes I wear them, and love them. What else would you like to know? Happy Riding!

if that's your vid, then it all makes sense now...totally missed the whole Norona thing on the video.
dummy
I just bought a new pair of Tog's the other day but I'm going tomorrow to check these out.
thanks.

R
Dec 12, 2007
Orting, WA
I hear ya, it has been a pretty trying season! We go sweet pow on tuesday then it really warmed up that afternoon, back on wednesday and the low stuff went south and high up had deep fog. I have been getting good stuff only because I have gambled lots and it paid off and being able to go on the day it snows is key it seems. I hope it smartened up for your trip to Montana!!

How is the snow in Revy? Steph is in Sweden so she could not help me with conditions. I am one of those Washington peeps looking for snow. 5 rides and 3 payments on my new T3. It doesn't add up, lol.

skookum1

Premium Member
Mar 24, 2008
i have a pair...have rode for 20 years...so I have tried alot of gloves over the years.
Have had every kind of klim glove...and there good...but these are my go to pair now...I love em!! lots of days i dont even need to switch out :)

Technology costs, and sometimes the benefits are worth the extra jingle. I'm going to find out...let you know.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
How is the snow in Revy? Steph is in Sweden so she could not help me with conditions. I am one of those Washington peeps looking for snow. 5 rides and 3 payments on my new T3. It doesn't add up, lol.

I believe it is good, but you still have to find it as temps went way up everywhere...middle BC is where it has stayed great. Unfortunately for all of us!

Thank god for trials riding!

29prcsj.jpg

R
Oct 10, 2014
True adventure gear gloves are what I have been using the last two years and I have not yet had to switch gloves through a day. $50 I thought I'd try them out. Best gloves I've ever had and I now use my klim gloves for loading and unloading sleds ! I went back and bought another of the same pair just to have them, haven't had to use them yet.

I agree, hard to beat the True Adventure Gear gloves. Been wearing them for 6 yrs now and love em. Prior to that Klim Towg.

S
Oct 17, 2004
edmonton, ab

picked up a set today in edmonton
skidoo accessories had a nice little sale going
spend 100 get 30 off, spend 200 get 60 off and so on...

gloves retail 209, so 60 bucks off.
tog's were 109
so if they are as good as you say, its a nice deal.

R
Feb 6, 2008
I just finished riding w/these gloves for 21 days, my findings below:

Sizing: they run large, ie, an XL is almost an 2XL compared to other DOO gloves.

Temp Range: You will need good htrs below +25* F.

Waterproof: Yes, never had wet hand/finger the entire trip.

Cuff Fit: Great at keeping snow out.

Grip, Easy of control: Excellant.

Price: High, but worth it, IMO.

Overall Summary: If you ride in deep powder, you will like them.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I just finished riding w/these gloves for 21 days, my findings below:

Sizing: they run large, ie, an XL is almost an 2XL compared to other DOO gloves.

Temp Range: You will need good htrs below +25* F.

Waterproof: Yes, never had wet hand/finger the entire trip.

Cuff Fit: Great at keeping snow out.

Grip, Easy of control: Excellant.

Price: High, but worth it, IMO.

Overall Summary: If you ride in deep powder, you will like them.

Thanks, I found them to run small, I usually get a medium in gloves but use a small, as much as i like the high cuff for pow days, I prefer the new high mark glove which is the same as the backcountry but with a low cuff. Glad you like them!

Premium Features