• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 RMK 600/ NEED MORE TRACK SPEED!!!

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
So how can one get a bit more track speed on this sled? 2007 carbed 600 ho 144". Gears are 18/41 I believe. Slp pipe, can, intake. It just doesn't like to spin the track very fast on the deeper days. Anything aside from boost or big bore? Running 10k ft. plus usually. I know it's a 600, But it seems like it should have a bit more. Is the gear ratio right? Seams wierd to me.I was thinking a 19/42 would be better.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Honestly, you would be much better off installing a 155" track on this sled. I've been there with the exact sled and the 144 even with higher track speeds requires alot of work in the deep due to the less floatation of the 144. You could try going up to the 19-42 ratio as long as your clutches don't run to hot and may help but I think what you are wanting is more track rather than more track speed.

What are you running for clutching, primary, secondary, helix, etc.? What kind of rpms are you turning in the deep? What kind of track speed are you getting now? Carls Cycle has a helix that really wakes up the 6's. They also have a 685 kit that really makes that sled go.

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
I am not sure on all the clutching. I pulled them apart at the begining of the season, but can't remember what's in there. I should mention that I only use this thing in the spring. Mostly for jumping purposes. I ride a 09 xp 800 with a 154" most of the time. I like the short track for spring time. It seems that when I'm climbing through the sort of deep stuff on a slightly steep run i'm only at 30mph track speed. It is currently running rich which could be part of the problem. Gotta check jetting this w/e I think. Yeah a big bore would be sweet. Maybe some boost would be even better.

Premium Features