• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My wife needs our help.

P

PowderProject

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Hi everyone. My wife needs our help. She has entered a contest with the US Chamber of Commerce. She owns a Natural Food Store and is wanting to open a juice and smoothie bar. If she wins this contest she will have enough money to do so. All we need to do is watch her youtube video once a day till friday. Here is her little speech...........Thanks Again!:face-icon-small-hap

Hi everyone! Because I believe deeply that the foods we eat are crucial to our health and healing I have opened up my own natural foods store on February 13, 2010. I live in a small Wyoming town where the only grocery store we have is the typical mainstream store with "empty" foods. I would also love to add a juice bar so I have entered a video contest with the US Chamber of Commerce in hopes to obtain some funds to help with the cost of remodel. Could you PLEASE view the video to help me? The top 25 videos make it to the judging round based on how the business impacts it's local community, local economy, and what it means to the owner. the link is http://www.youtube.com/user/Freeenterprise#p/c/73/n0_AbRhx828

Thank you and wish you all good health! Sincerely, Pam Hoff:)

Last edited:
E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Hey GREAT Vid. That looks like a winner to me. Made it to Alpine last year with the Young family from Boondockers. What a great place. Hope to criuse through there this summer on my bike.

4 laptops in my family will be watching once a day for ya and I'll hit my e-mail list with it.

I wonder if a plug on youth and early education of good food choices for kids in school and at home would be a good addition. Maybe your wife could do a foods day at school and include a clip if there's time before judging. Free enterprise also includes free marketing (Ronald McDonald, Joe Camel, etc.) but maybe your wife could point out her desires for an alternative type of education to help offset the corporate saturation marketing of products that are not always so healthy.

I have to admit, I am a redneck meat n gravy eater but our local health food markets have been key to creating new small farm and all natural businesses in a rural area where anything for a nickle is a good idea right now. The store not only features local products, but a couple times a year they make a tour map and let customers go tour the different suppliers places for a day with the whole lay out, tours, and samples. I made it as far as the wine stop and had to miss the goat cheese dam it. lol.

We're pullin for ya, good luck. EW

P

PowderProject

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Eric thanks so much for the help. I will be passing off all your great ideas to my wife. Thanks Again!!!:face-icon-small-hap

P

PowderProject

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
TTT guys if you have 3 minutes please check out her video and pass it on to your friends. Thanks Again:face-icon-small-hap

G
Dec 7, 2007
Boise ID
Great video! I will try and watch the movie once a day til the end. Looks like a great business. I will try and stop by the shop when we are in town next winter and do a little shopping. Good luck with the store and contest!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
she did a great job of presenting herself and her business...will watch the vid everyday for you..

C

cowboysedge

Apr 3, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
Real good video! I'll be stopping in and checking out the store. We go through alpine quite a bit! I will also have my wife check out the video! She and the gals she works with are all over the health food thing!

P

PowderProject

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Hey guys we really appreciate it! She needs to finish in the top 25 for votes to be entered in the final judging! I think we can get her there!!! Thanks again everyone!!:face-icon-small-hap

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Helping out as much as we can! Hope she wins...I like smoothies!

Hey no sled clips or summer palisades surf and wake vid...WUZ UP? he he he Not exactly the demographic user blend normally associated with healthy eating habits?

P

PowderProject

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
I hear ya F-Bomb! Thanks man... Yeah I was thinking wakesurfing but it is dumping right now!! Super pumped for another pow day!!

Premium Features