• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>>>Official Power Commander V Thread<<< Polaris 800 C.F.I.'s

D
Dec 10, 2009
I can't get the switch wires to go into the pcv. do I have to take it apart and remove some plastic or something? In the instructions it looks like it should slip right in

D
Dec 10, 2009
ok I'm stupid but I got it in. I can't see it change from Map 1 to map 2 on the computer screen. Should I be able to? I don't have a lap top so I can't do it with the sled running, maybe thats why?

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
inserting wires into the PC V screw locations

First, are you using 18 ga wire? Did you tint it (coat it with solder)? I foud that even with the screw backed off a lot that the wire needed to be maneuvered around a bit until it fit in the hole under the set screw. Maybe your wire(s) aren't making good contact.

Lastly, to you have two maps that are more than just zeroes? Maybe a null map doesn't get recognized as valid?

B

BRUSHMASTER

Nov 26, 2007
Northern, MN
Maybe this was already said. But when you use the auto tune box can you tune with this and make a map or record data to make that map then remove the auto tune box as to not harm the 02 sensor? If that made sence.

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
Maybe this was already said. But when you use the auto tune box can you tune with this and make a map or record data to make that map then remove the auto tune box as to not harm the 02 sensor? If that made sence.

I just unplugged my o2 sensor after a few good hard pulls today in pinedale.
I'll see what my auto tune trimmed when I get home to Utah tomorrow.

I think the o2 sensor won't fail even if it's still in the pipe with no power to it.

Make sense?

D
Dec 10, 2009
First, are you using 18 ga wire? Did you tint it (coat it with solder)? I foud that even with the screw backed off a lot that the wire needed to be maneuvered around a bit until it fit in the hole under the set screw. Maybe your wire(s) aren't making good contact.

Lastly, to you have two maps that are more than just zeroes? Maybe a null map doesn't get recognized as valid?

I have two different maps loaded but when i flip the switch I think it should read map 2 on the right hand side of the screen, but doesn't change. I am not sure witch map I am on when the switch is open or closed. Does yours read map 2 when you flip the switch?

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I just unplugged my o2 sensor after a few good hard pulls today in pinedale.
I'll see what my auto tune trimmed when I get home to Utah tomorrow.

I think the o2 sensor won't fail even if it's still in the pipe with no power to it.

Make sense?

I think it will. It is the 2-stroke oil and carbon buildup that will kill the O2 sensor, not the power going to it.

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
This thread should be made a Sticky!

its supposed to have one additional 12v input port which could show boost...I put in my vote for four...they said stay "tuned". THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I"M GOING FOR!

There is one analog extra input on the PC V for any 0-5v signal you want to add. This could be the boost or MAP input or engine temp or baro. On the WB 2, there is also another analog input that could be used for engine temp or intake temp (charge temp)?. Scarter could maybe add some info whether the extra analog input on the O2 box could be used for another map layer.

So, the layers you could have are:
1. TPS/RPM - this is the base map the PC V uses.
2. analog input/RPM (pressure or engine temp, but not both) this would be an additional layer or map page that is used simultaneously with #1.
3. engine temp/engine run time after start up - full map enrichment or enleanment by one percentage value - maybe to get rid of the part throttle hee-haw until the engine temp warms up. This is a Harley feature that can be used on a sled.

What it appears you can't do now is run 3 layers of maps at the same time for the turbo guys. I would bet that it will be available before the season is out.

For Dailed In, here is the link that shows how to enable the map switch:
http://www.powercommander.com/power...himpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=3_PC5.1.24.html

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
rick youre the man.. thanks for that link. I'll look into the map switch more now.

I'm going to see how long my o2 sensor lasts. A friend told me he found that when the o2 sensor has power to it, it creates an amount of heat that could potentially attract more oil and carbon than if it were in the off position.

I'll just see how long it lasts doing this. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to tuning on stuff while out riding.

D
Dec 10, 2009
Thanks for the sweet link! I have the map switch enabled, with two different maps loaded and I'm guessing that map 1 is with the switch open and map 2 is with the switch closed. On the right hand side of the table under the rpm and throttle postion display mine says current map 1 all the time no matter what postion the switch is in. Seem to me that it should say map 2 when the switch is closed. I think I'll borrow a laptop and try it with the sled running.

G
Dec 14, 2009
Thanks for the sweet link! I have the map switch enabled, with two different maps loaded and I'm guessing that map 1 is with the switch open and map 2 is with the switch closed. On the right hand side of the table under the rpm and throttle postion display mine says current map 1 all the time no matter what postion the switch is in. Seem to me that it should say map 2 when the switch is closed. I think I'll borrow a laptop and try it with the sled running.
I noticed: Tin coat your wires before inserting into the holes since there is rubber membrane to seal the wires that you poke through.
For the 2 maps: on the computer screen the map 1 or map2 will show up while connected and the engine runnning. Otherwise it always shows map 1. Map 1 is for the wires not connected and Map 2 is connected wires. I put a switch in and labelled it 1 and 2 for each side of the rocker switch. I have my "improved map" in Map 1 and stock map in Map 2. When you flip the switch with the engine running, the screen shows the change fairly instantly. If you don't have a laptop, pull your sled into the house and hook er up.

MOWER800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton Utah
Slp

hey Harry I think Kraven told me that the PCV didn't change purformance much with the SLP set up do you feel it helped more then first thought?

B
Feb 13, 2008
ELKO, MN
rick youre the man.. thanks for that link. I'll look into the map switch more now.

I'm going to see how long my o2 sensor lasts. A friend told me he found that when the o2 sensor has power to it, it creates an amount of heat that could potentially attract more oil and carbon than if it were in the off position.

I'll just see how long it lasts doing this. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to tuning on stuff while out riding.

The 02 sensor is heated. As far as I know you, have to keep it plugged in with power going to it to keep the sensor from fouling. This is why wide band 02 sensors need to warm up before you start the engine.

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
hey Harry I think Kraven told me that the PCV didn't change purformance much with the SLP set up do you feel it helped more then first thought?

The SLP made the most horse power just as far as putting on a single pipe goes.

I think the PC V yielded the same power or a bit more than just a single.

If you get a subscription to Dynotech you could see all the precise and unbiased info. If you are going to spend 600 on a pipe or 370 on a PC V the 25$ subscription is well worth it.

Premium Features