• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fogging Axys RMK 800 Engine for Summer

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Remember that with the new Axys you have to plug it into a polaris computer and do a calibration after you've pulled out the E-valves. It has to relearn its min/max values.

I think this is only if you unplug them. I think if you just pull them out leaving them plugged in, and clean them up you're good. Don't quote me though...

J
Mar 9, 2008
Take out spark plugs, make sure piston is at BDC, I use a hose on the end of the fogging can, fish it through spark plug hole to the transfer port. (easier with one one of those snake cameras so you can see) give it a good spray. Do the same with the other piston. Put plugs back in and start the sled for maybe 10 seconds or so. If you want, repeat the procedure and just spin the engine over by hand a few times with primary clutch (no start). That will ensure you have lots of oil in your crank.
Ditto. Also run 40:1 through it prior to the above and siphon tank dry.

dboe03

Lifetime Membership
Mar 31, 2014
Fargo, ND
I did some searching but really couldn't find what I was looking for. This is my first Pro RMK so I was wondering if I'm supposed to remove the Quick Drive belt for summer storage along with the clutch belt. My head says yes, which brings me to my next question of who do you easily remove? I read something about using zip ties to easily remove/install.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
I did some searching but really couldn't find what I was looking for. This is my first Pro RMK so I was wondering if I'm supposed to remove the Quick Drive belt for summer storage along with the clutch belt. My head says yes, which brings me to my next question of who do you easily remove? I read something about using zip ties to easily remove/install.

Any help would be appreciated.

To remove the quick drive you don't need anything, just remove the "sprocket" and it will be off. To install use the zip trick.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I think this is only if you unplug them. I think if you just pull them out leaving them plugged in, and clean them up you're good. Don't quote me though...

I’ve had mine completely unplugged multiple times. Even replaced them twice this year and haven’t had to have the dealer do anything. I fully expected to have to bring my sled in but our service manager says it’s the luck of the draw. Sometimes you can drop them right in and be fine.

In regards to the QD belt, i would pop the belt off. Using zip ties is a handy trick to help the belt get back into form so you can put the gears on but that’s a long ways away from now so I’d just aim at taking the belt off and if you need help putting the QD back together next season, type the question again.

Premium Features