• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 D800 VR

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
So i installed a new VR 4013587 when polaris come out with this new number because mine went out sense installed i have maybe put 400 miles on the sled. When riding last saturday sled run flawless but when i would play in the deep powder it would start to bog and the guage would start flicker like the VR was going out. Stopped on the trail let set couple minutes clean snow off hood fired up and run just fine.

Checked all connection pulled the vr off and loos and smells fine.

What am i missing.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
I don’t know if it will fix the issue but as a precaution, on mine (since I’m on my second VR) I’ve taken the capacitor off the VR and mounted it on top of the plastic electronics guard and added some washers/shims under the VR, because I’ve read that there’s not enough airflow for the VR with all that stuff sandwiched together. And guys were reporting temps of plus 200f !! Which is at the top of what electronics can handle, and with moving those things around brings the temps down to the 130f range. Apparently all that electronic stuff isn’t grounded very well neither so I’ve added a ground wire from electronics board to motor mount.

I’m a little uneasy about the extra ground thing because on a sled that’s part AC part DC you’d think there’d be potential for AC voltage to go backwards through the ground and mess up the DC side of things...but the DC needs a good ground to work properly also, kinda a crap shoot solving these things. But with solving anything with forum advise u have to read a lot and come up with your own opinion.

Premium Features